.06 Aftermath

Once I got out of the hospital, I went to my house and grabbed my things before my mom could come home. Kaleb waited for me in his car and once I threw all my shit in his car and sat down he started driving

His hand was ripped so tightly on the wheel his knuckles were white and I could see his finger bones.

"Kaleb what's wrong." I say hesitantly.

"Um... Nothing." he said, clearly upset.

I knew from the look on his face he didn't want to talk about it so I gave up. It took 20 minutes of silence for us to finally reach the apartment complex.

While walking up the stairs with my stuff Kaleb ran into, who I suppose is his friend, and frankly kinda hot.

"She's got a nice ass and some awesome tits. If something happens can you give her my number" I overheard. "Fuck off Jamie" Kaleb said.

I got into the apartment and walked into the all to familiar living room and kitchen. Then off the the spare room he had and put my stuff in it.

"Wow I forgot we used to hangout here" Kaleb said carrying a few boxes. I nodded. "Crystal I know that look you have when your concerned about something. Is this about the car ride" he said.

"Maybe it is. Maybe not." I say.

"Oh god no!! Not the secret girl code that means the opposite of what they say and men are suppose to always understand even though it's so complex" Kaleb said sarcastically.

"Okay so what's actually going on in that mind of yours" I say messing up his hair.

He takes a second to breathe before starting. "I've been thinking about things. Things that I should've said and things I shouldn't have. How maybe I ruined a life or maybe saved it. About how I ruin things accidentally and always regret them." He said.

"What's something that you regret" I said curiously.

"Okay, so remember when we were in 7th grade and you decided to start hanging out with that guy and you were showing him something on your phone. Well I might've been the person that threw the ball at his head but hit yours accidentally." He said, "I just keep wondering if maybe i hadn't screwed that up for you, maybe you wouldn't be in this place. Maybe you would've been having fun and being truly happy" he continued.

I laughed my silent laugh and he looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Kaleb I'm actually glad you did that. And I found happiness when I met you. I was in the darkness and you tried to pull me out, but I ended up dragging you down with me. And I'm so sorry for that" I say.