.19 Scarred

Something inside of me twitched the second I saw his hand move. His heart wasn't stopping, it was just beating harder and harder. His eyes opened and for what seemed like forever but was just a second. Suddenly a tidal wave of happiness overcame me. I knew deep inside that Jaime was upset that he woke up. He kept blinking and blinking until he was able to see. His parents came barging in with Kaleb at their heels. All running.

Kaleb looked at me as if I was the most golden thing in the world then looked at Jamie and was the happiest person ever. Kaleb forgot everything that was troubling him. After this thought I realized Kaleb has been wearing long sleeves. And usually he tried to help me stay clean by showing how long he's stayed clean.

It was the strangest thing to realize that the person who has been trying to help me can't help himself. I looked at my wrist. Laced with white seams some small, some big, some short, some long, and the new ones that have a dark red color. Dried blood. The fact that the ones on my legs make it painful to move. The ones on my wrist hurt because I cut deeper than ever. No one noticed. No one ever noticed.

As the shock wore off and we found out Jamie was okay and they were letting go we were so happy. Jamie wasn't allowed to be alone and he refused to be with his parents we decided Jamie was going to stay with us.

We piled into the car and I sat down next to Jamie. That's when I noticed the scars on his wrist. I stared at them and when Jamie noticed he stared at me and simply said, "I know. Please don't stare at them".

I realized that out of the three of us, we were all freaks. Weird freaks who have a taste for pain and blood and are able to understand more.

He looked at my wrists. He noticed the cuts and scars and how large they were. Kaleb pulled up his sleeves and I noticed that his cuts weren't deep but they were long. That was his style. Long but not deep. I was deep and long. Jaime's was scars.

Then a thought occurred to me. We are all scarred. Even people who don't cut are scarred in some way. Every single person is scarred.