.16 The Darkness Is Soothing

I got bored and started texting Jenni and then we decided to meet up at the cafè.

"Hey gurl wassup" Jenni asked sitting down in the stool.

"Nothing much just wanted to hangout with you" I replied.

"Thanks for not bringing me to a pizzeria. Then I would be hungry and have to eat and then I wouldn't fit into my prom dress and it would just be a disaster" Jenni said as if it was something actually important.

We talked for a little bit then I got bored and made up some excuse to leave. I didn't really have much in common with Jenni. She was stuck up and bitchy, she was someone I never wanted to be like so I kept her around so I knew what to not do.

I started walking home and took the long way. The snow from last night was starting to melt but the trees looked so pretty I couldn't help but smile. I always saw snow as frozen tears covering up the world from the horror it really is. No one else ever saw it as something other than snow.

I looked around and realized I was passing Jason's house. I glanced at his window and saw him standing there staring at me. He was such a creep. I started walking faster and faster until it turned into a full blown run. When I stopped I realized that Jason was following me.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING CREEP!STOP FOLLOWING ME!"

"I just want to talk."

"I don't feel like talking to a dick right now. If I wanted to I'd call me father" I replied flipping Jason off.

"Please I have to know something."

"Fine. What?"

"Do you still. You know cut and all that" he asked nervously

"Every once and awhile why. I left before you could leave and hurt me. So if that was your next question I answered it."

I quickly ran off. Luckily he didn't follow me. The second I reached the apartment I ran into my room and turned off the light. I always liked the darkness. There was the strange feeling of the unknown that helped me breathe. I always found the darkness soothing and people always thought that was strange.

"I know I'm good for something but I just haven't found it yet" I whispered (Mayday Parade -Miserable At Best). For some reason those words always got to me. I never understood why but they just did.

So yeah sorry for the short chapter. I'll make a long one soon I'm just busy with testing and mental health and all that "fun" stuff.