Chapter 5

(Blurry By Puddle Of Mudd)

Rylee's Pov

TW- Abuse

I walked up the stairs of the apartment building with Iris who held my hand with a smile on her face. I was holding her bag on my back, and I was holding my bag with my right hand as she held my left hand, jumping up the stairs.

I unlocked the apartment and Jason was sitting on the couch facing the door. I kept my head up, and he didn't like that. He didn't like the fact that I gained confidence.

"You didn't come back last night."

Iris gripped my hand tighter and held onto her hippo more.

"Iris honey, go into the room." I stood my ground and Iris looked up at me with a questioning look.

"Momma coming too?"

"I'll be right in." I smiled down at her and she nodded before skipping off to the bedroom.

She shut the door and Jason immediately got up and walked towards me. I put Iris's bag on the floor and my bag next to it. It's too late to try and fix things. His hand went around my throat as he slapped me across the face.

"You embarrassed me in public. I do all this shit for you and you do that back."

I could feel myself slowly start draining. My energy was leaving and I felt myself trying to fight the darkness off.

"I just want you to stay. I just want you to be the old Rylee." He let go of me and I slid down the wall trying to catch my breath.

The old Rylee has always been here, the old Jason wasn't. I may have changed, but I changed for the better. There was no way I treated him differently, the only people I treated differently were my parents.

He started ranting about how much I changed but I couldn't hear, I couldn't even focus. My eyes kept shutting and he didn't like that. My head started to hurt and my hands started to shake.

"Rylee, open your eyes while I'm talking to you." Jason looked down at me and I tried to open them.

I laid my head back against the wall and looked up at him.

"Sorry." I mumbled and he rolled his eyes before walking away.

That's it? He's just going to walk away?

I pulled myself up and walked to the kitchen slowly. I need to get out of here. I cleaned myself up and walked to the bedroom. Iris was sitting on the bed, playing with her toys. I locked the door and grabbed a bag from the closet.

"What are doing?" Iris asked and I smiled. She missed 'you,' but thats okay.

"We are leaving."

457 Words