Chapter 15

(Drive By Incubus)

Rylee's Pov

"Sam, I don't know how I feel about this..." I mumbled as he knocked on the hotel door.

"She'll be fine. I promise you." He laid his hand on my shoulder as Iris poked him in the face.

The door opened just as I was about to start to leave. I let out a breath and turned to face the couple.

"Ranboo please move. I want to see the child." Skylar pushed her boyfriend out of the way before Iris giggled and held her hands out for Skylar.

"Are you sure?" I asked, nervously.

"Yes please! Give her to me!" Skylar took Iris from Sam's arms with a giant smile.

"You sure you guys want to watch her? I don't want to bother-" I rambled and Ranboo grabbed Iris from Skylar.

"Are you kidding? We love her." Ranboo said, putting Iris on his shoulders.

Iris giggled from Ranboo's shoulders and touched the ceiling. I looked around nervously, this would be the first time I'm leaving my daughter with people for a long period of time. It's not even a long period of time. It's only two days and I know Skylar and Ranboo will take good care of her. They might take care of her so well that she doesn't want to leave them when we come back.

"You go do what you need to do. We've got her." Skylar spoke softly and hugged me.

"Thank you guys so much." I fell into the embrace and held back my tears.

I melted into her hug. I felt safe. Her powerful aura helped me hold myself together. Today is not going to be an easy day, and she knew that. Sam looked at me with concern, but overall he knew that this would be good.That we would be okay. We both said our goodbyes to Iris before leaving the hotel room.

My nerves were shot, I was done for. As soon as I got into the car I took deep breaths so I didn't freak out. I did not want to take Iris to court with me, and it didn't say that I had to bring her. Therefore, she's staying with Ranboo and Skylar. We have to go to Austin, Texas because that's where my parents filed. I would have left Iris with Shea but she was babysitting one of her nieces and I didn't want to impose. When Sam asked Skylar and Ranboo,  they immediately said yes. Skylar was already in love with Iris, and Ranboo was just in love with his girlfriend and would do anything for her.

They had a couple plans but they said that they would take Iris with them. It's nothing where she can't go, and if it was they said that they would cancel it. I stayed quiet as Sam drove. I was terrified of the outcome. I'm just terrified of this in general. There are so many good ways that this can go, but there are so many bad ways.

"You're quiet again." Sam pointed out and I shook my head.

"I'm always quiet." I mumbled, feeling my chest tighten with every mile closer we got.

"Not this quiet." He turned the music down and I snapped all the way out of my thoughts.

"Just nervous." I admitted and he smiled at me.

"You're allowed to be nervous Ry, don't think that you aren't allowed to feel these emotions. You are. You're allowed to feel every emotion that you want to feel.I'll be right by your side helping you through it all, as well. You are not doing this alone. I'll always be there." He rambled on and I stayed quiet throughout it all.

I held a soft smile on my face as he talked. He always knew exactly how to calm me down. It's like he knew exactly how my mind worked.

"I'm not going to let them pull stupid shit."

My mouth hung open as I heard him curse for the first time since i've met him.

"Angel just swore." I laughed out and he rolled his eyes.

"You're an idiot." He mumbled and I leaned against the door.

"But that's okay because you're my idiot."

702 Words