Chapter 11

(Lights By Journey)

Sam's Pov

"Why the hell did you say that?!" She screamed at me once we got outside.

"You didn't seem like you were in the best of situations. You're welcome by the way." I spoke calmly and that seemed to only make her more angry.

"No! You didn't need to do that. Jeez, now what happens if they come after you? They won't stop until they have what they want."

"Let me help you, Rylee." I moved closer to her and her breathing picked up.

"I don't want your fucking help!" She screamed quietly, pulling at the necklace around her neck.

"Rylee, what happened? You don't have to tell me but I want to help." I spoke calmly, slowly backing away knowing that me going near her was making her crazy.

"Nothing happened. I- Goodbye." She turned around and started to go inside.

"Rylee, you're not alone." She froze in her place and put her hands on her hips before turning around.

"How can you be so sure about that?" She snapped back, and I felt my heart pick up.

Why was I so sure about it? I have no clue, but she was making me crazy. Like the kind of crazy that Nick and Harley were. She was giving me the same emotions he described to me. She was giving me the drowning yet I'm floating with you feeling.

"I just know. You have Eryn, you have Julie, you have me, and most importantly you have Iris. You aren't alone, Rylee. You have people who want to help you. Let us."

She stayed silent for a minute. She was weighing her options, you could see it on her face. You could see her contemplating the good and the bad things that could come out of this. I was too in all honesty.

There are so many ways that this can go, and I'm hoping for a good outcome. I hope she accepts the help I'm trying to give her, because you can tell that she's struggling. You can tell that she's tired of fighting and that she wants to give up but she doesn't because of Iris.

She will never give up on Iris. She will fight until her last breath because that's what mothers are supposed to do.

Mothers are supposed to be there for you, and help you every step of the way. That woman in there was not a mother. She was a psycho. A real mother is Rylee, a real mother is my mother.

These two women will give up anything just for their child's happiness. They will drain themselves just so that their child can flourish.

"I can't." She whispered, like telling me would be breaking some sort of major law.

"Rylee, is someone going to hurt you if you do?" I asked, nervous of the response that I was going to get.

I may be a momma's boy, but I won't hesitate to fight for people who deserve so much more. I won't hesitate to punch someone in the face. Treating women poorly is something I can't understand why people do.

Treating anyone poorly is something I don't understand and I don't think I will ever understand. What satisfaction is enough for that?

She stayed quiet and looked down at the ground. I stepped closer to her and lifted her face up with my hand by her chin. She tensed under my touch and her breathing picked up, but she showcased a calm facade. But I could see right through it.

"Is someone going to hurt you, Rylee?" I asked again, calmer but a little more demanding.

One thing that I don't want her to hide from me, is if someone is going to hurt her. For some reason it makes an angry pit in my stomach. It makes me want to bring hell upon anyone that has ever hurt her.