Chapter 17

(I'll Always Remember You By Miley Cyrus)

Rylee's Pov

"I still don't like this arrangement." I crossed my arms after stepping into my old apartment.

"You've been living with me for a month. You're moving in." Sam spoke.

Iris was currently with Eryn and Julie whilst Sam and I are packing up my old apartment. I'm moving in with him, officially and I'm not scared. Jason is currently in jail, I put a restraining order on my parents, Ruby is moving closer to us. Everything is coming together.

"This place sucks." He said bluntly and I walked through the apartment.

It brought a lot of memories while being back here, but I know I'll be okay. I know that everything will be okay. I walked into what used to be my room and I opened a couple suitcases. I didn't have a lot, and I wasn't taking any of the furniture.

"Don't you think I know that." I stated quietly before grabbing clothes and debating if I wanted them or not.

"Well, you're going to have a much better home now."

I walked through the semi empty apartment alone, Sam was putting the last bag in the car. I stood in the middle of the living room and looked around with a sad smile on my face. I kind of always knew that this day would come, I just don't know when. I didn't know how I would get myself out of that situation and now that I did, I've never felt better.

The tears fell from my eyes as I closed the chapter of my life that I so desperately wanted to close. I've finally got to the place in life where I wanted to be, and I couldn't be more proud of myself. For the first time, I felt free, and I felt happy.

"Are you ready?" Sam came into the room I was standing in before I smiled and nodded my head.

He didn't even question why I was crying, it was almost like he knew that this heavy weight was getting taken off of my shoulders. It's almost as if he was feeling the same emotions as me.

Once we got back to the house, I moved all of my things into the guest room. Sam went to pick Iris up while I showered. When he got back I started making dinner, he helped and tried to kick me out of the kitchen but I didn't let him.

"I meant what I said a month ago." I spoke quietly and he looked at me with a confused expression on his face.

"Ry, I may be good at remembering some things, but not a lot." Iris ran around the couch while we stood in the kitchen.

"You have been more of a father to Iris than anyone has. Thank you."

He smiled before embracing me in a hug.

"That's because I like him, momma."

488 Words