Science of Blushing

Hey people, this chapter is kind off like a filler of sorts, so yeah... Enjoy!

The first few weeks at the academy were extremely hectic for Kathy. She only got to wake up late on Tuesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays, and her body was taking time to adjust to the new schedule. Kathy lay in her bed, twirling a lock of her hair absent- mindedly. Her comm began to beep loudly, making her jump. It was from Commander Spock.

Kathy groaned slightly, not wanting to talk to him.

FLASHBACK

Kathy darted out of the bathroom, and grabbed her and her friends' projects. She checked the time. It was 10:58. Shit.

Kathy dashed towards the Commander's office, and stopped in front of the door to catch her breath. She raised her hand to knock, but before she could do so, the door was opened by none other than the pointy- eared cutie.

'Get your mind out of the gutter woman!', Kathy thought to herself, shaking her head slightly, oblivious to Spock's raised eyebrow.

"I-uh, files... I mean assignments, you told me to give them to you first thing in the morning" Kathy said, sticking the files dangerously close to her professor's nose.

Spock's nose twitched slightly, almost as though he was going to sneeze. Quickly taking the assignments, Spock spoke in his usual monotonous voice, "Do be on time the next time, and also greet your seniors, Cadet. You are now dismissed."

With that, Spock shut the door on Kathy's face, leaving her stunned. "Umm... thank you?" She called out slightly confused. Upon receiving no response, the young Whitlock sighed and walked away.

Kathy whirled around, coming face to face with Uhura. "Uhura! I didn't see you, sorry."

"Oh, it's alright" She waved it off. "Never got the first name" Kathy said teasingly, making Uhura laugh.

"It's Nyota" She said. "Never got yours either."

"Katherina Marie. But you can just call me Kathy or Kit Kat." Kathy replied, making Nyota smile in response.

"Hey Kathy, I'm kinda running late..." Nyota said suddenly, with an apologetic expression.

"Let me guess, Commander Spock called you for your essay?" Kathy asked, making Nyota quirk an eyebrow. "You to?"

"Yup" Kathy said, popping the 'p'. "M'kay then, see ya in Vulcan studies Nyota!"

"Yeah, see you to" Nyota replied before proceeding to knock at the door.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Answer that piece of trash Katherina!" Stacy shrieked. "Yeah, lover boy might just break in otherwise" Chloe added, snuggling further into the covers

"Good Morning Commander" Kathy said, stifling a yawn.

"I called to request your presence in my office at exactly 0715 hours, Cadet." Spock said just when his face popped up. How he got her contact information, was beyond Kathy's sleepy brain.

"Mmm? Oh, m'kay" Kathy replied, trying to stay awake. God damn man wouldn't even let her sleep on a Saturday.

"I wish to discuss the assignment with you" Spock continued, unfazed by her half asleep state.

"Which one" Kathy said tiredly, sucking in a deep breath. "The first one?"

"Affirmative"Spock replied, before he politely excused himself and ended the call.