I'm Fine

Hello folks! I'm back again! And I'm running out of stuff to say so yeah... Hope you like this chapter!

Kathy made her way to the dining hall, clutching her bag filled with books and other stuff. That week had been difficult for her, and the dark circles under her eyes were evident, in spite of the poorly applied concealer.

She collapsed onto a seat, between Bones and Jim as she presses her head against her hands, sighing loudly.

"Kathy... you must tell us what's going on. Bottling up your emotions isn't healthy", Bones whispered, placing his arm around the tired girl.

"Kathy, please! do you even know how worried we are?" Stacy hissed angrily. Nyota gave her friend a warning look, telling her to shut up.

"Fine then! You don't trust us do you? We're not talking to you till you tell us what the hell is going on!" Chloe hissed. "Come on Stace."

Stacy got up and followed Chloe, exiting the hall.

"Sometimes, I seriously question your taste in friends", Jim muttered.

"Don't let them hear you say that", Kathy croaked out, making Nyota fake gasp.

"Oh my, it speaks!"

Kathy scrunched up her face and smiled softly at Nyota, who sighed. "Come on, let's get you something to eat."

"Nah, I'm not hungry..." Kathy mumbled. Jim and Bones exchanged a look before turning to Kathy. Bones lifted her off the table and hugged her, effectively trapping her in his arms. Jim began to feed her some toast and egg, looking at her sternly. Kathy huffed.

"Fine! I'll eat. But only a little. And you have to feed me."

Jim rolled his eyes but complied. And that was how Spock saw the cadets. Kathy was leaning against Bones, while talking to Nyota, with Jim feeding her. Spock's hatred for Cadet Kirk and Cadet McCoy increased as he turned away, clasping his hands behind his back, leading T'Preth to one of the tables for breakfast, keeping his ears alert so as to hear the conversation.

"Jim, please, I don't want to eat anything else. I'm not hungry anyways!" Kathy protested after some time. Jim and Bones let out a defeated sigh, before giving up. The bell rang, signalling that it was time for the first class. Since it was a Saturday, the cadets would only have three hours of classes.

"Well... we have to go... we have robotics and then flight control..." Bones said as he got up. "See you in Survival Strategies!" Jim yelled as the two men walked out.

Kathy nodded at them, while Nyota waved. "See you after Inter species ethics", Nyota mumbled, gathering her bag and getting up. Kathy smiled at her, before getting up herself, waving at Nyota as they parted to go to their respective classes.

Kathy took a deep breath and tried to smile as she entered the X-ling class, swallowing the bile that had risen. She sat in her usual seat; between Chloe and Stacy (who hadn't arrived as of yet). Kathy sighed, running her hands through her hair boyishly as she grumbled to herself.

"Th Fates just love messing with me, don't they."

"Cadet" A voice called out, making Kathy jump as she tilted her head to look at her professor, who stood behind her.

"Ah, Sir! Good mornin'!" Kathy whispered, letting her accent slip through as she shot out of her seat. Spock stiffened slightly.

"Cadet, may I know what are the fates?" Kathy hid a smile as she saw the Commander's confused expression.