19 - Niko and Iza

for 787ralexis, thank u love

Camilla

Meeting and seeing the wolves up close was nerve-wracking at first, but they were a beautiful pack of majestic fur and azure eyes it made me think of one particular friend that also possesses the same charm.

The exchange between man and beast was amazing, like they see one of their kind in each other. Dominance was palpable in the atmosphere between the two parties, the tiny hairs of my skin stood on ends.

My legs felt like jelly the king wanted to carry me back but I resisted. It was awkward and shameful. There's no doubt in my mind he can easily carry me around, but in the back of my head my body mass lies heavy, an ever present reminder of my biggest insecurity. My size 14 self knows this fact more than anybody else.

Thankfully he was quiet the whole way down. I was surprised when he held my hand in his large one. The contrast of vulnerability and virile masculinity was a striking sight. My pale skin to his brawny and veiny one.

Once inside the fortress, he was showing nonchalance and I don't know how to deal with his sudden change in behaviour. He is really unpredictable at times.

I was left standing in the spacious living room while the king made his way to the kitchen to drink water, I suppose. He said he was thirsty.

I busied myself with the monochromatic couch pillows in the dark gray L-shaped couch, and two single-seater in either side. A glass oblongated centertable was placed conveniently at the middle of the set-up.

When I heard his footsteps coming I pretended to dust the pillows with my back facing the entrance to the kitchen.

With everything that's been happening between us I suddenly felt conscious and I feel like hiding my face from him would at least give me some time to recover from whatever internal chaos I am currently facing.

"Madamemoiselle", a foreign voice called from behind me. I whipped my head so hard I nearly saw stars. My brain went panicking and my first thought was of the king. Is he safe? Why is there another person in here?

Just then the boy I was worried about came grinning towards us, no trace of danger in his face. He was actually happy, his eyes were shining of joy. That's a first time for me, seeing him so truthfully happy with someone.

"Oh, you've met her, brother. I would like to formally introduce you two." Nikolov said. His brother?

"Camilla, this is Izaak my brother. Iza, this is Camilla."

I honestly don't know how to respond. Meeting another member of the royal family is a thousand times scarier than meeting the wolves. The implications of this is beyond what I want to imagine.

This is getting out of hand. I must move sooner.

"Prince Izaak, it is my pleasure to meet you." I finally found my voice and curtsied in front of the prince.

"Mine too. You're all my brother yaps about these past days. I wanted to meet you much earlier but this tyrant wouldn't let me. Selfish, if you ask me. And possessive." He finished in one go, his tone very casual for a royalty speaking to a commoner.

"Shut the fück up." The king spat in a playful manner. "Why don't you head on over to your room for the day?"

The prince laughed. "Dismissing me already, my King? I thought you missed me terribly, huh? You hurt my feelings!" Prince Izaak clutched his chest dramatically, pouting adorably. He didn't sound to be offended at all. In fact I think they are just like this as brothers. How adorable!