Chapter Fifteen: Gossip and Press Conferences (Part 2)

//Naomi's P.O.V.\\
It has been two days since Logan, Carlos, Kendall, and James came to visit me. I haven't gotten any calls or messages from Logan either and I wonder what's going on. I don't expect to get a visit every day or even a call or text every day because I know they're busy, but it would be nice because it's been two days. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice when the nurse walked in. She waved her hand in front of me and said, "Naomi, I've been talking to you for the past couple of minutes." I came back to reality and replied, "I'm so sorry. I was so lost in my train of thought that I didn't notice that you had walked in and that you were talking to me. What was it that you were telling me," I asked. She just smiled at me. "That's okay. I was telling you that I brought you an adult coloring book and a word search puzzle along with some magazines for you to read so that you don't get bored," she told me. "Thank you so much this makes me feel like a kid again," I said smiling while grabbing the coloring book and word search puzzle. "No problem! And the magazines are under the word search puzzle," she said cheerily. "Perfect, thank you," I said happily. "How are you feeling," she asked concerned. "I am feeling a bit better, still with some sharp pain, but I feel like it's numbing away slowly now," I said. "I'm glad to hear that. Yes, the sharp pain will persist, but if you feel extreme pain after a week please let me know," she said. "Okay thank you," I said. "Is there anything you need me to get for you? A drink? A snack? Anything," she asked. "No, I think I'm good, thank you. Oh wait, can you please hand me my phone," I said. "Sure," she said. "Thank you," I said. "Anything else you need right now," she asked again. "No, thank you; all is good," I said. "Okay well if you need me just call me," she said taking her leave.

I checked my phone to see if Logan had texted or called me, but there were no notifications. I locked my phone and put it aside. I decided to grab the coloring book first to de-stress a bit and feel like a kid again, but as I grabbed it, the magazine that was underneath the word search puzzle slipped and I saw a photo of Logan. Curiosity arouse in me and I decided to check out the magazine instead. I pulled the magazine and set the coloring book and word search puzzle aside, next to my phone. I was shocked to see the cover of the magazine; I was there on that photo walking out of the Starbucks that Logan and I met up at. Okay, now this is something I need to read. I immediately opened the magazine and started reading the article.

I just couldn't believe what I had read. I know that Logan told me that he and Makenzie never dated, even Makenzie confirmed it but why is the article saying this? Perhaps it's just gossip and I'm overthinking things. I honestly don't know, but the article is saying that Logan is cheating on Makenzie with the "mystery girl" — me. I am so confused right now, but I know that Logan wouldn't lie to me. There has to be a misunderstanding coming from the paparazzi and the publication. I just sighed, put the magazine aside, and picked up my phone. I opened up the text message app and started a new message for Logan, but I hesitated to even write anything so I decided not to text him. I closed the app and put my phone down. I will just wait for him to reach out to me. I got the coloring book and my mind was more at ease when I was coloring. I tried to just leave my mind completely blank.

After about 15 minutes I got bored of coloring and I felt a bit sleepy. I closed my eyes and took a nap. I was awoken by my phone buzzing, I checked it to see if it was Logan, but I saw that it was an unknown number. Typically I don't respond to unknown numbers but I thought that it could have been either Kendall, James, or Carlos so I answered and all I got was an "I hate you" and they hung up. Immediately I blocked the number because I don't have time for haters and they probably had the wrong number as well haha. I got my phone and went to Twitter. I noticed that in the trending page Logan and Makenzie were the number one trending topic and Logan Henderson was the number two trending topic.

I was going to go take a look when I decided to lock my phone because I was so tired. I closed my eyes once again and I fell into a deep sleep. When I woke up it was already 7 in the morning. I was drenched in sweat and felt dehydrated; I was having a horrible nightmare, but I don't remember what it was. For some reason, I thought that everything was just a dream, but no I got hit with reality: I am in the hospital and there's some gossip going on in this magazine. Probably the painkillers make me feel like everything that's happening is a dream. I called the nurse to ask for some napkins and a glass of water because I was very thirsty. The nurse came in with the napkins and the glass of water. She also brought me a new robe for me to put on. I thanked her. She took her leave and about ten minutes later she came in with my breakfast and brought me more water and my painkillers.