{13} Nightmares Come True

Jungkook bangs on the black, crystalized wall in front of him. He shouts his boyfriend's name, but nothing can be heard. "We've got to help them." He doesn't hear any response from the boys behind him, and his eyebrows furrow. "Guys?" He turns around, but no one is there. A sense of panic courses throughout his body. He couldn't help but think of the dream he had back in Busan. They were all disappearing; just like before.

*

Seokjin calls out to the empty void around him. "Yoohoo! Is anyone out there? Nothing! It's like a mall on a monday!"

Yeonjun starts to panic as he doesn't see any of his friends. "Jungkook! Youngjae! Hoseok! Seokjin! Can you hear me?"

"Logically, this is impossible." Youngjae takes out his phone, trying to see if he can just simply call any of them. Guess they don't have any cell service in Obsidian. "It's as if all data has ceased to exist."

Hoseok looks around at the dark area. He grows confused as he can't find any form of life. He gets caught off guard when something starts to wrap around his legs. He can see his own magic wrapping around him, starting to drag him down on the floor. He tries to break free, call for help, but he can't as it covers his mouth.

Yeonjun shudders as he looks at all of the dead vines around him. "The prophecy wasn't wrong. At the crossroads of endless roads, demons of stone lead to the abyss." He reaches out and touches one of the vines. He gets no energy coming from the plant, and all of its essence is gone. "Where are these plants even coming from?" Suddenly, all of the vines collapse on Yeonjun, and he is being buried by the dead plants.

A sudden wave of pain hits Youngjae like a truck. His head starts to throb and he feels like his brain is moving a mile a minute. "Too much data. Information overload! Systems meltdown! My head!"

Seokjin gasps as he looks at his form starting to disappear. He could start to see through his skin. He tries to laugh it off, but he knew this was no joke. "My hands! Okay, I'm just disappearing a little. It's no big deal. But I can't fade away. This darkness is just too strong." He starts to fully disappear, blending into the abyss.

*

Jungkook pauses as he hears quiet screams in the distance. He slowly starts to fly towards a bright light - the only light that he has seen since he's gotten to Obsidian. He was hesitant at first, but he decided to head towards it.

He turns the corner, and gasps at what he sees. In front of him is a scene from when it all started. The exact moment when his parents and the rest of the Company of Light sent the witches away to the very place he was now. The moment... his parents disappeared.

He could see the giant portal as it glows its bright blue hues around everyone. He can see the witches in their weakened state, wanting to control the power on the Magical Dimension.

And he could see his parents. How they show so much hope. Just as the witches are being pulled into the portal, he can see his parents give each other a loving glance. Knowing that soon, they will be back with their family again. Their two little boys.

But, that moment is ruined when one of the witches grabs the King as they're being dragged further into the portal. If they are going to be stuck in Obsidian forever, then they are bringing their king with them. Jungkook doesn't notice when tears start to fall from his eyes, but they do. He wants nothing but to help his parents, but he can't.

Jungkook notices a shining light in the corner of his eyes and sees his mother casting a spell. Before he knows it, she is replaced with a strange energy, and is being sucked into the sword. She follows after her lover, not wanting to be separated from him.