7. investigation

Harvey had began telling the story as the group moved, aware that Sam was walking backwards to get both him and Colby in the video.

"So, this train station was built around early 1900s. We think maybe 1912 or 1918. Then the house was built on in 1920. The only thing standing of the house is the daughters room which is the second floor, and the living room, which is the first."

Sam had spun around to show the house part off, commenting about how weird it looked now, especially the rotting staircase that ran between the two. Harvey nodded and took a deep breath.

"Basically, the story was a construction guy or something got fired, out of spite he built a house and connected it to the station. He moved his family in and somehow took over ownership of the station, fired all the people that worked there including any conductors that frequented and essentially shut down the entire thing. He reopened it as some kind of general store in 1924 or 5 but some people have suggested it was a cover up for a speakeasy. It stayed that way for another 20 or so years before the guy was killed."

Harvey continued into the building, subconsciously picking up a pale stuffed bunny that had been sitting on the ground. Without realizing it, he had held onto it across the torso, rubbing his fingers over the long ears.

"Harvey? I don't think you should pick that up.."

Confused, he looked down at his arms and his eyes went wide, setting it down gently and sitting on the floor, inviting the others to do so.

He carefully grabbed out a k2 meter from his bag along with a spirit box. Turning on the k2 he took a deep breath.

"Daisy? If you're here, I want you to make a noise. It can be any kind, you can even try to pick up that bunny if you want."

"What is he doing?" Harvey playfully glared at Colby, who scooted a little closer to Salem, who watched Harvey with deep concern. The k2 meter spike slightly to yellow before it went back to the moral green.

The group sat in silence for a few moments with virtually no sound occurring.

Until there was a faint clicking sound coming from the direction of the house. Instantly jumping up, Sam asked who had heard the noise.

"Yeah, we heard it. I know you're like freaking out but can you sit down again Sam?"

Harvey knew that in most of their videos, Sam and Colby tend to freak out a little bit at any unexplained sounds. Sam more so than Colby. But Harvey knew this train station far too well and knew that the clicking was usually either bats or Daisy.

Sam sat back down, slightly shaken up but somehow looked more excited. Harvey could see Norse scanning the rafters for bats with their flashlight.

"Daisy, if that's you can you make the same noise?"

They all sat silent for another minute or so before the faint clicking could be heard once again. While that happened, the k2 spiked again and Harvey moved it to the bunny. He saw that it had spiked fully to red and stayed for a few seconds before it went back down as Sam jumped up.

"There it is again!" Colby slapped Harvey's arm in excitement and Harvey couldn't stop the small smile on his face.

"Thank you. Do you want me to carry the bunny with us?"

Clicking again. Sam and Colby starring at each other in excitement and awe at Harvey's communication method.

"Okay. Are you okay if I tell them? Just make the noise ag-" Harvey was interrupted by the clicking sound being much louder. However, Harvey also saw the faint grey of a little girl he had grown to know as Daisy, she was nodding her head and waving excitedly, as if saying "I know you can see me! I did it!" That made Harvey smile and subtlety send a wave back.