13 - apart

When December rolled around, Harvey was upset. Not only was his birthday coming up, but he would be forced to spend it and the remainder of the holidays pretty much by himself.

See, he had gotten so use to being around people in the last few months that the prospect of having to be on his own scared him more than he wanted to admit.

He had just gotten back to LA the night before from a long trip of visiting some of the only family left he could trust when he received several messages.

And only one of those people was someone he wanted to talk to.

Messages:  I hate him sir<3

> harveeyyy

> harrvvvsss

> babbbee

>answer ur texts >:(

Okay okay I'm here jeez <

It's almost like ur in love with me or something 🙄 <

> I miss youuuu >:( Sam won't stop talking about the Canada trip and it's making me sad

Why is it making u sad ?? <

> because you can't be here with me

Hey don't worry about it <

You'll be back in LA bothering me in no time <

> I don't want to leave you alone tho

You'll be fine babe :) besides, I wouldn't be much help  <

------------------------------------------------------------

Harvey sighed heavily before he backed out of the messages, prepared to just leave his phone alone for the night and try not to think about his boyfriend of 4 months missing him.

Instead, he pushed down the rising loneliness and swallowed his pride as he finally opened the one message he was avoiding for the last week.

His mother.

You see, Harvey didn't have a very nice or even stable relationship with either of his parents and while his mother made several attempts since he left to reconnect, Harvey couldn't fully trust or have faith in her.

Anxiety eating him inside, he texts back a simple agreement, knowing the action would bite him in the ass later.

He had agreed to at least try to meet you or see his mother for Christmas. Fiona had already said she would be going to throw her girlfriend in their faces so If was willing to suffer, the least he could do was be there for his little sister when shit would hit the fan.

---------------‐--‐---------‐----------------------------------------

"...you WHAT?! HARVEY WHAT THE FUCK NO! DO YOU NOT REMEMBER THE ABUSE THAT WOMAN PUT YOU THROUGH?"

Harvey sighed and took one side of his headphones off. He had logged onto the minecraft world he hadn't played on in forever while he had Salem in a voice chat in discord. After the message to his biological mother, Harvey had immediately filled with anxiety and sadness.