1991: TWENTY THREE

C H A P T E R

T W E N T Y    T H R E E

“Inyoung! Cha Inyoung!”

Sobs. Sobs.

She felt her body was being shakes, she haven't open her eyes yet but Inyoung could feel her head was leaning on her arm. She groans, feelings so tired to open up her eyes.

Inyoung then open up her right eyes and it was bright enough. The first thing that caught her eyes was the school's whiteboard. She gasps, finally sitting up straight and look around the classroom.

“Gosh! You startled me! Why are you sobbing out of nowhere?” her eyes widened when she saw Darrell, who was rubbing his chest. She rushed to grab her backpack, looking through it and the watch was nowhere to be found.

Then her eyes went to the wall clock, it's almost afternoon. What is happening?

“Darrell, did you saw anything weird here? Like me? Teleporting here?”

Darrell furrowed his eyebrows, slightly stretched his forehead. What the hell is Inyoung talking about? All he saw was her sleeping all the day since the class were all cancelled that day.

“Miss girl, what the hell are you talking about? The teleport thing. You were sleeping ever since we got here. I even finished 10 chapters of history,” Darrell explained.

So it was all her dream? Everything?

“So you're telling me that I was sleeping here all day long?”

“Oh gosh, I'm getting a headache over your nonsense question. There's no teleportation here, there's just a 'sleeptation'” Darrell said, letting out a chuckle at the end of his words. He found that funny and her expression was hilarious.

So Park Sunghoon is not real?

“Oh my god, I think I'm going crazy,” she said, gasping as she messed up her hair. Darrell low-key judging her, feeling so embarrassed as some of their classmates looking at them.

Dramatic ass girl.

“Why would you go crazy? What are you even dreaming about?” asked Darrell, packing up his notes and put it on his backpack. If he know their class will be cancelled, he will never come at the first place.

He even finished 10 chapters of history while taking care of the sleeping beauty beside him. My gosh, she sleeps like there's no tomorrow. Her dream must so nice that she didn't even bother to wake up.

“Let's go home, your mum called me earlier.” Darrell said, standing up from his seat. He pushed the wooden chair under his table, waiting for his cousin.

Inyoung, who was trying to accept the reality still couldn't believe that it was all her dream. She pouts, slowly pushing her chair under her table. Darrell stucked out his hand to hold her hand and she gladly give it.

“Wait, before we go home can we eat at the cafeteria? I'm so hungry,” Inyoung whines, leaning her body to Darrell causing him to rolled his eyes.

“I swear once you open your eyes from sleep, you won't leave me alone. You won't leave my wallet alone too,”

“Soobin, this is school cafeteria and you don't have to pay for it. I have my student ID!” she argues back, slightly pinched Darrell's arm.

“Princess Cha Inyoung, don't you remember that in the afternoon, you have to pay for your meal?” Darrell smiles and then rolled his eyes as he stopped smiling right away.