Organized Chaos?

Hyrule was most definitely taken by extreme surprise.

Calamity Ganon had arrived just minutes ago, interrupting the Champions' ceremony. The walls rumbled, and pieces of the ceiling started flaking off.

"Get the princess out of the castle!" King Rhoam shouted, hoping the knights would hear him over the chaos.

None of them did.

Except for Link.

He was standing with the Champions, clad in his blue tunic. Urbosa had Mipha and Revali by the elbows, ushering them out the door to the Great Hall. Daruk followed behind them, casting glances back at Link, checking if he was coming or not. Eventually he sighed, waddling over and hefting the small boy over his shoulder.

" Come on little guy! We gotta get to our Divine Beasts, and you have to get to Ganon! What are you doing just wandering around?"

Link sighed, shifting so his hands were in front of Daruk's face. "King Rhoam said to get the princess out of the castle as soon as possible. No one heard him, so I took it upon myself to do it." he signed, understanding dawning on Daruk's face.

"Alright, little guy! Get the princess and get her out quick!" the Goron said, gently placing Link down on the floor. As soon as Link's feet touched the floor, he dashed to Zelda, who was trapped on the upper level.

The stairs had crumbled in the middle section, 4 of the wooden flats tumbling to the floor. Link had already dashed up the stairs, having no choice but to leap over the gap.

"Link! You're not going to make it! I can get down myself!" Zelda yelled to him through the haze. Link's mind was already made up, however, and he stepped down a few stairs, then started running up them to get a running start.

Zelda watched him through the haze of dust, squinting to see his silhouette running up the stairs. "LINK, NO!" she yelled.

But she was too late.

He jumped the gap, legs and arms flailing in the air to get the most forward motion he could. His face collided painfully with the board, but his hands latched on securely to the top of the step.

Zelda watched, horrified, at the lengths he went to save her. Maybe she was more important than she thought.

She rushed over to him, nearly tripping over her dress. She extended her hands down to him, and he took them. She hauled him up, chest heaving with effort. Both of them were on the landing, the metal triforce on the wall gleaming in the purple tinged sunlight.

One of the sconces lining the walls of the Great Hall had fallen off in the miniature earthquake, and had lit the wood board on fire. It leapt from board to board, getting ever closer to the stairs.

Link grabbed Zelda's hands, wrapping them around his waist. HE signaled to hold on, and he leapt off the landing.

Zelda screamed, What was he doing? Burning to death would've been better than this!

At the last moment, he deployed his paraglider, bringing them both to a gentle stop on the tiled floor. Link unwrapped her hands, giving no mind to her blushing face. He put his paraglide away, and once again grabbing her hand, sprinting towards the Great Hall door, where Urbosa and Revali were waiting for them. Zelda coughed from the smoke, clogging her lungs and burning her eyes.

Revali took Zelda on his back and spiraled off the ground, shooting up into the purple tinged sky. He hovered there, waiting for a moment to let her recover from the smoke. Then he flew toward the Sacred Ground Ruins, where Mipha and Daruk waited.

Mipha rushed over as soon as Revali landed, helping Zelda ease off the Rito's back. She healed all the cuts and scrapes on Zelda's skin, giving her a cup of spring water afterwards.

Mipha, Zelda, Revali, and Daruk waited for Urbosa and Link to arrive, hoping that they were okay.

A/N: Sorry for the late updates! I have been super busy with school, and my parents don't know I write fanfics XD I'll try to be better, and I'm sorry again!