Organized Chaos? pt. 2

Okay they were not

Link and Urbosa, with a handful of the surviving troops, were slogging through Castle Town, helping citizens and killing monsters.

The Guardians they had unearthed had been turned against them, Ganon inhabiting their mechanical spider-like bodies. The lasers they fired had already set innumerable houses in the town on fire, making it hard to see for the troops.

"DUCK LINK!" Urbosa yelled over the sounds of warfare. Link dropped, sheltering himself with his shield as Urbosa called down lightning from the sky to electrocute a large horde of enemies.

He nodded his thanks to Urbosa, racing through the chaos once again. Their troops died one by one, leaving only Urbosa and Link remaining.

Urbosa's normally warm brown skin was marred by a deep cut, oozing red blood. Link's ponytail had been chopped off, and a long triangle cut (that would most definitely scar) ran its way up to his cheek.

They stood back to back, shields armed and swords raised. They both knew their chances were slim, so might as well go down fighting.

Until their comrades arrived.

Revali cruised through the air, sending three Bomb Arrown into the crowd of monsters. They detonated on impact, sending bloody bodies flying into the air.

Mipha dived into the fray, spearing three monsters at one on her trident. Daruk just swung his Cobble Crusher around, whacking enemies at will.

Zelda had also arrived at support, but she played backup. She used the Sheikah Slate and picked up a metal box with Magnesis, swinging it around and crushing skulls.

Link and Urbosa sighed in relief. Their chances were now fairly high, thanks to the arrival of their comrades.

A Guardian, now under Ganon's control, locked onto Zelda. It's swirling blue eye brightened as the laser charged up.

Link, desperate to save the heir to the Hylian throne, rushed through the chaos. He pulled her behind him just as the beam flew.

This is the part in the story where the main character dies.

Nah, it's not gonna happen.

Link parried the beam, his metal shield reflecting the ray back at the Guardian.

You could swear the Guardian looked fearful before it died.

"Well, good job, knight." Revali spat, a glint of mischief in his eyes.

Urbosa elbowed his wing. "Shut up Revali! Link and I did way better than you, and you know it!" she laughed, punching his shoulder playfully. He groaned, walking over to Daruk, most likely complaining about the 'anoyingly untalented' knight.

Mipha leapt at Link, throwing her arms around his neck in a hug. Link wrapped his arms around his best friend, laughing as he spun her around.

Zelda watched on with a faint smile playing at her lips. She knew these Champions bbetter than they knew themselves, but she had the feeling she didn't really know them at all.

Zelda sighed, turning away from the reunion and hopping down the roof. Castle Town was in horrific runs, burn marks clawing their way across the buildings. 

That was when she tripped. 

Zelda was still in her ceremony dress; it stretched long , tight at the waist with loose, flowing fabric at the bottom. It didn't help that her father made her wear hells with it, but oh well.

Zelda's elbows hit the ground, and a small 'oof' made its  way out her mouth. Link, his ears ever listening (he can hear a rabbit snore from 20 feet away) turned his head toward her. He rushed over, helping her up off the dusty ground.

"Oof! Thanks, Link." she said, dusting her elbows off. Then before she decided to change her mind, she threw her arms around him.

He was surprised, albeit he got over it rather quickly. She wrapped his arms around her too, resting his chin on her head. They stood there like that for who knows how long, enjoying each other's presence. 

Mipha stumbled upon them, looking on with a fondnes in her eyes. She came over too, leaning hr head on Zelda's back and wrapping her arms around Link's back, making Zelda into a sandwich. 

Urbosa and Revali walked in on them next, Urbosa not hesitating to join the hug. She scooped all three of the up, squeezing them tight. Revali joined in too, albeit with some convincing.

Daruk, the biggest (and softest!) of the all, walked in next after hearing the sounds of Revali's annoyed chatter. He scooped them up, all five of them smooshed into each other. 

They laughed, just enjoying each other's presence and at Revali's expression.