343 Guilty Spark

Halls. Lots of them. Most were empty. Some had lifts. The lifts took them to more halls. There was nothing in this FUCKING FACILITY.

"God damn it! Everywhere we go, it's just halls, halls, halls! What the fuck?! Why did we come in here again?!" Church ranted.

"The... zombies?" Simmons answered.

"That wasn't the kind of question you answer! We've been over this!"

"When?"

"Literally every other-" Church then realized that the three of them had gotten lost in the endless hallways, and Church had repeated the same rant at least three times.

He sighed and continued onward.

"We're going to go completely hungry, there's no food down here!"

Surprisingly, there was no remark from Grif about food. Church and Simmons immediately began looking around to see if he was anyways nearby.

"Simmons... I thought you were keeping an eye on Grif."

"What?! You're the leader!" Simmons' voice cracked halfway through this statement.

"Yeah! I'm leading us through this fucking complex! You were supposed to make sure Grif didn't fall asleep and get left behind or somethi-"

The two soldiers shared terrified expressions as they realized what had happened.

"You fuck! This was your respon-!"

Church was then interrupted by an all-too-familiar sound. He and Simmons turned their heads in the direction of the sound and saw some zombies running towards them.

"Yeah, fuck this, we can't fight all five of those guys! Simmons, come on!" Church yelled as he grabbed the other soldier and ran away, while firing at the zombies with his other hand.

"What about Grif?!" Simmons objected.

"Oh, he's probably somewhere! We'll find him!"

And so the two got lost in the corridors. Again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doc was stuck with an idiot, a pervert, and the worst leader anyone could ask for. What a delightful situation he was in. Doc couldn't complain, though. Sarge was a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield, despite having no real strategic knowledge.

"Hey, Doc! This guy looks like he might be alive!" Tucker called out.

Hopeful, the medic went to investigate. And it really did look like this marine was alive. However, he was half-asleep.

Doc carefully prodded the marine, then was startled when he woke up.

"NO! DON'T LET THEM TURN ME INTO ONE OF THOSE... TH-THOSE DEVILS... MONSTERS!"

All four of them slowly stepped back in reaction to this. Well, all of them except Sarge.

BLAM!

Doc shut his eyes due to the loud sound. When he opened them, there was a hole in the marine's head dripping red, and he was completely limp.

"He was better off that way with the things he'd seen. Come on now. We're gonna need to find Grif and Simmons and rescue them from those Blues."

The medic reluctantly followed Sarge, his heart still racing. He didn't want to continue this topic anymore.

"So, uh... really... weird fog, huh?"

"Dude! Some guy just went insane and got his brains blown out right in front of us! Why the fuck are you talking about the weather?!"