33

Vanna's POV:

Healing is a beautiful and ugly thing.

There were days when Wilbur would seem as if nothing happened at all, and there were others where I'd have to drive down to his house because he hadn't consumed water in almost 24 hours.

It was about a month later and things were getting better.

He was taking care of himself and spending more time out of the house. Yes, there were still days where I'd become sweaty holding his shaking body for so long but those days were scarce.

Wilbur was being extra smiley lately which left me suspicious.

A knock came sounding on my door and I opened it to see Wilbur with a ginormous grin across his face.

"THE ALBUM'S OUT!" He screamed.

"WHAT?!" I shouted back jumping into a big hug.

He passed me his phone once we sat down and I looked over the song titles.

I had already heard and memorized every song but it still looked so new seeing them released publicly on a Spotify page.

At the bottom I noticed something.

There weren't 10 songs... there were 11.

The bottom song was labeled mystery girl.

I looked up at Wilbur with my brows furrowed.

"Click it," he suggested quietly.

Then the melodic small hum of a romantic guitar played while slow deep drums kicked in.

It was incredible.

"Mystery girl believe me I know that you cry.

But mystery girl why won't you open your eyes?

I'm sitting on your mattress that smells like strawberries and stars

And while the future burns down at least we know it's ours.

It's like every time I reach out to touch your skin,

Your just a figment of hazy glitter and beautiful whispered sins.

You eat nuetella toast like a queen eats gourmet steak

Your eyes are beyond the universe I'm afraid they see my every mistake.

But mystery girl god I wonder when will you see

That you're beyond any imagination you're beyond any persons dreams."

Of course tears are already dumping down my face.

I lived my whole life trying to accept that nobody will ever see me.

They'll look at me but they'll never study or work past the cement wall planted beneath my blood.

"I didn't think anybody ever saw me that way" I hiccuped.

Wilbur was emotional as well. He wrapped his arms around my torso and snuck his head into the crook of my neck.

"I see you V. I can see you." He whispered.

Later that day I was making us spaghetti and meatballs. Tommy was on facetime as I poured the pasta into the pot and Wil sat at the table speaking to him about a song he might like.

We propped the phone up so he could speak to both of us and hang out.

Wilbur turned on smooth jazz, a weakness of mine.

It makes everything seem a bit more hazy, more intimate and romantic.

We hung up with Tommy and Wilbur slowly wrapped his arms around me from behind.

We gently rocked back on forth while Wilbur slowly sang along with Sam Cooke about how "darling you send me"

The rest of the evening was full of spaghetti sauce, covering mouths as laughter spilled out, and adoration.