11

Wilbur's Pov:

She held onto my hand and started pulling me to the ice skating rink. The tree in the center was huge.

Everything felt so surreal.

"I don't have ice skates" I suddenly said.

"Me neither, it's called improvising".

Right after she said that she took her winter boots off and started to stand on the ice in her thick socks.

I couldn't help but follow along, so I took off my boots and stepped on as well.

It was slippery as hell and as soon I got up I instantly fell down.

Vanna started laughing and then fell right next to me. I started laughing too.

I love laughing, it heals everything for just a minute. My mom always used to tell me that laughter is medicine.

When I was sick she would dress up and dance around to make me laugh, and I can admit now that it really did help me.

"Share me your mind." She said.

I snapped out of my little trance. "Share my what?"

"Share me your mind," she repeated "what are you thinking about?"

We were both still laying on the ice like fools. I started laughing and said, "I'm thinking about how we're both laying here shoeless in an ice skating rink."

She giggled but ultimately said, "what were you thinking about before that?"

I didn't want to tell her about my mom, there wasn't anything to be said. She loved me and I loved her but we just didn't see each other often.

So I said what I was really thinking, "I was thinking about how you look pretty when you laugh, and that's a rare thing to have."

She blushed and I could tell because of how pale her skin was.

"I think you look pretty good when you fall on ice" she said back.

"Alright wiseass". We both started laughing again and attempted to stand back up.

Immediately Vanna started to lose her balance again but instead of falling she gripped onto my arm.

I felt my heartbeat deepen. Out of impulse I held onto her arm and brought her close.

"Come on Wil, let loose try to skate".

"I don't want to kill myself though".

Vanna laughed really hard at that. I felt kind of proud of myself for that.

She started to spin and I could tell she was getting the hang of it whereas I was a trembling mess.

"I know it's clique but seriously you just have to go for it and not think about the ice."

"Ok I'll try".

I pushed off of one foot and surprisingly didn't fall right away but as I stated nearing Vanna I couldn't stop.

I ran straight into her and knocked her down with me.

I fell straight on top of her our faces less than an inch apart.

I thought Vanna would start to get embarassed and push away but she just started cracking up.

God her laugh was so infectious there was no way I couldn't laugh too.

As soon as I was about to get up the lights of the Christmas tree lit up.

Everything stopped. Time, weather, my breath.

Vanna smiled so big but she also looked like she wanted something. Her eyes were searching mine.

I didn't move my face I just looked back at her my mouth slightly open because I wasn't getting in enough air.

She looked up at me.

"Wil", she whispered. I swallowed but my throat was dry.

She looked at the tree and then back to me.

"Wil", she whispered again "kiss me".

And for some odd reason I didn't even think twice.

Our lips touched and it felt all the electricity in the world was zapping us. I could feel galaxies on her tongue and see stars on her nose.

Her mouth on mine felt like heaven. I felt
colors everywhere.

Her eyelashes tickled against mine and every so often our eyes would open at the same time and I'd see the whole solar system in hers.

I slowly began to break the kiss but her fingers grabbed onto my neck and pulled me closer.

She started to deepen the kiss and her lips parted allowing my tongue to slip in.

She tasted like cherries and the snow.

Our breath started getting heavy and it was wonderful. The heat out our mouths warmed us up so we could keep going.

I felt her smile as we kissed and I smiled too. I didn't know how much I needed this until I got it.

Here I am kissing the most insanely mysterious girl I've ever met. I am so lucky.

We finally broke the kiss and looked at each other.

I smiled really big and so did she.

"Your freckles look like stars", I whispered.

"Your lips are like space", she responded back.