11: RUPTURE

Previously...

Awoken by the sound of voices outside Bruno's sanctuary, you find Mirabel, who was visibly shocked at your presence as she repeatedly asks you questions, making you pour out your true intentions and feelings about being an outcast to the family. After some convincing, Bruno agrees to do another vision, resulting in your group seeing that in order to save the miracle, Mirabel must embrace her sister, Isabela, to which she begrudgingly agrees to after expressing her annoyance outside the woman's door. Finally alone with the seer, you then make a promise to bring him back to the family once everything is dealt with as you sadly leave him once again.

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

The sky was dark and gloomy as clouds obscure the usually blue sky, which was a sign that you needed to move faster. You quickly walked through the upper loft, in a hurry to see everyone. Bruno was very, very hesitant to let you go earlier, but as always, he did so with a sad look on his face. Hopefully next time, the curly-haired man won't have to hide from the family anymore. You yourself were getting a bit tired from being so secretive.

All of a sudden, you feel yourself almost getting knocked over while arms wrap around from behind as familiar dark auburn strands tickle your neck.

"Mi vida! Where were you?! I've been searching for hours and hours!"

Camilo grabbed your shoulders and turned your figure around to make you face him. You've never seen him look so concerned.

"Oh, uh... sorry Cami-mi. I felt a little sick during dinner, so I went to sleep in the nursery."

"That was the first place I checked."

Uh-oh.

"...I must've been in the bathroom while you were checking."

The coily-haired boy looks unconvinced. You were starting to get nervous as your grin wobbled under his intense scrutiny. And he noticed. All those years of being with you led him to study each and every single action you made, now more than ever. Just as you were about to say something to end the awkward one-sided staring session, his face draws nearer and nearer, making your noses almost touch. The warm tips of his calloused fingers brush against your cheek as he held an indescribable look in his green orbs.

"Is this... sand?"

"Er..."

That's it. You were totally busted.

"You didn't... break into Bruno's tower, did you?"

"What? No! Why would I ever do that?" You were actually being honest with this one, but due to his concentrated, piercing green eyes that seem to stare right into your soul, your words came out more like a lie.

Camilo gave you an unimpressed 'really?' look, lightly pinching your cheek in the process, but not enough to make it hurt. Still, you flinched at the sudden action.

"Ah! Alright, alright! I didn't break into Bruno's tower, honest! But I... met him in the walls and asked for a vision about why there were cracks appearing, so he did and saw Mirabel in front of Casita as it broke, but that's okay because we also saw that all she needs to do is give Isabela an embrace! The miracle will be saved and everything will go back to normal like nothing ever happened!" You spoke quickly. Regardless, the chameleon boy understood everything, yet still looked unimpressed.

"Yeah, we all learned about Mirabel's vision during dinner, but how did you find out that Bruno was... in the walls?"

"Well, about a month ago, I was watering the plants near Dolores's room when I bumped into a painting and found out that there was a secret entrance behind it, so I uh, explored it, and I've been... visiting regularly."