Three

"It's not so much of an offer," the king continued. He still had their gift patches in his hand, swapping them back and forth. Jungkook didn't like being alone, next to the Fire Prince. "It's more of an opportunity."

"What's this about?" Seokjin straightforwardly asked, eyeing the man.

  "Don't get too worked up, young man," the king told him. "It's an even better gift. Straighten your tone and I'll grant you the biggest opportunity you've ever gotten, alright?"

  Seokjin sighed, but nodded. "Yes, sir."

  Oh, boy. He can have manners.

  "This." The king opened up a cabinet and pulled out a leather document tube, a strap hanging loose from it— it looked like a traveling tube. He opened the tube and pulled out a large off-white map.

  What the hell?

  "What is that?" he asked.

  The king smiled as he unraveled the map. Immediately, Jungkook noticed that it was a map of the surrounding area. A map of all of the kingdoms and the outer lands of it. There was a fire and ice symbol on the bottom righthand corner.

  "I believe this is not to be possessed by our element." He put the map down onto the desk and put books on the sides to keep it flattened out, then pulled another paper out of the tube before setting it down as well. "This is from your ancestors. This is your gift."

  Nothing made sense.

  What would a map do for them? It's just a piece of old paper. How did this man even find such a thing?

  It was Seokjin that walked towards the desk and accepted the smaller paper that the king gestured to. He opened it and furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the paper, reading.

  But... It's Jungkook's gift, too.

  "What is it?"

  Seokjin backed away as Jungkook tried to peek, hiding the paper from his view. He immediately slammed his hand down onto the map and held it there as if to say it was his map.

  "Stay where you are. This map is mine," he told Jungkook.

  Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows back at him, then snatched the paper from the prince's hand, despite him reaching back for it. Without thinking, Jungkook struck Seokjin's right hand with ice— the king, Seokjin, and the king's guards were now at alert.

  "Oh— I'm so sorry—"

  "It's alright," the Earth King spoke out, more to his guards that were willing to fight— Jungkook shouldn't have done that. He didn't even see the guards! They were hidden! "It's both of your gift."

  Seokjin grumbled as he melted the ice on his hand, but Jungkook was reading before he could be stopped.

  The paper, written in fancy writing, read:

  Royal Fire. Royal Ice. This map reveals the treasure of a pendant. The holder of this pendant shall be granted one wish. Use your inner sense. Allow the pendant to speak to you.

  Why would the Earth King be giving them such a thing?

  "That pendant is mine," Seokjin spoke once again, his hand back on the map to keep it held down and away from Jungkook. Jungkook simply scoffed at him.

  He walked up to the map. "It's mine."

  He secured his hand on it as well, and both of them gasped as the two fire and ice symbols began to glow brightly on the map, a black pathway forming as well, and the paper that Jungkook was holding also started to form ink, a list of things noted in numbers appearing.

  "Magical," the Earth King said, grinning from ear to ear. "Nature plays no tricks here, boys. You have to work together for this pendant."

  As soon as Jungkook took his hand off of the map, everything disappeared, the map once again going blank. The symbols no longer glowed. The black ink was gone. Seokjin seemed irritated, but Jungkook was now determined.

  He knows exactly what he'd wish for if he had that pendant. The safety of his people and his family for the rest of time. Imagine safety barriers, or great health forever, or even granting the kingdom eternal wealth, or even bigger and better homes for all!

  This pendant is amazing!

  "Let's do it," Seokjin suddenly spoke up. "And when we get there, whoever gets the pendant in the end, gets it."

  Oh.

  "That's..." The king frowned. "That's not how it's meant to be used."

  Seokjin ignored him. "We can use the map together, but as soon as my eyes land on that necklace, it's mine." He turned to Jungkook. "It's a reasonable deal. Are you in or what?"

  Well... The pendant's wish sounds nice, but fighting against Seokjin sounds a bit risky. A lot risky. He's never had to fight before. He's never dealt with fire before. Fire is too strong.

  "I-I'm not dying over this."

  Prince Seokjin shook his head. "Neither am I. Just a battle for the necklace. Whoever can steadily hold it in the end, will get it. Are you afraid to fail, Ice Boy?"

  Jungkook narrowed his eyes.

  It sounded like a poor choice, the way Seokjin wanted to go about it. If they were meant to go together, then why does the pendant only grant one wish? And why fire and ice, of all things? Their ancestors are ridiculous.

  "I'll do it."

  Maybe Jungkook was ridiculous as well.

  The king sighed at the two of them. "This isn't how it's meant to be." Still, he rolled the map up and put it back in the tube. "You're going to regret choosing to do it this way."

  "No." Seokjin took the map and left Jungkook with the other paper; the paper with the list of barriers to pass to be able to get the pendant. "We'll be just fine, Your Majesty."

  He held his hand out to Jungkook again, just like how they'd met minutes ago— right. The ball. Again, Jungkook's hand met his, fire and ice sealing the deal then and there.

  Jungkook was going to get that pendant, even if it meant he had to battle the Fire Prince for it.

~

fun 🥰😈

they're so bad skshsks omg

~