Ten

"This lake is huge."

  "It's a lake," Seokjin uttered as he shoved the map back into its case. "If you make the bridge in this direction, we'll be on our path."

  The lake was big, like it was never-ending to their eyes. Jungkook could hardly see the other end of it. And the area around seemed so flat, no more mountains in the distance. There were trees everywhere.

  Making a bridge sounded so easy, but the lake is too big. He would use just as much of his powers to cross it as he did back at the mountain!

  "I'm starting to wish that you were the one with ice powers," he sighed out.

  With that being said, he make a long and wide bridge going straight across from where Seokjin had shown him. The bridge was prettier than Jungkook should've made it, but he loved to make things look that way. Even it.

  "If I fall in the water, I'll burn you alive."

  Jungkook's mouth fell open as Seokjin went ahead of him, suddenly walking so easily on the ice. Bastard.

  "If you fall, I'll freeze you and let you sink in the lake before you even get the chance," he called out to the older, who was speeding over the ice. "Since when did you get so fast?"

  Seokjin turned to look back at him, chuckling. He'd never seen Seokjin so amused. "Better catch up, Ice Boy."

  The lake was scary to walk over, but it was quiet. There were no waves, no fish jumping in the water. Just a still, quiet lake. It was... Eerily quiet.

  "Shouldn't you stick closer to me?" the younger called out, but his voice wasn't as strong as he'd hoped. He didn't like the quiet so much right now.

  "Nope," the Fire Prince responded. Jungkook shot ice to the prince's foot, causing him to halt. He chuckled as Seokjin glared back at him. "If I break this, it'll break the bridge."

  Jungkook pretended not to hear him, his hand cupped up to his ear as he slowly walked closer. "Sorry? Couldn't hear you. Maybe—"

  Splash

  Crack

  "Jungkook!"

  Suddenly, Jungkook was falling back, the bridge from behind him no longer there. He sank into the suddenly rough water, but not without catching a glimpse of something so horrifying that he froze in fear.

  Because there, right behind him, was the biggest scaled monster he'd ever seen. Dark green, huge, jumping out of the water and over the bridge, just barely missing Jungkook as it did so.

  The water was cold, loud even though it blocked his hearing, and whatever monster it was had caused the water to pull him under, practically following after the terrifying thing.

  He panicked— accidentally inhaled the water. Instantly, he started paddling for the top of the lake. The current had taken him further under than he thought, so when he finally reached the top, he felt like he'd pass out. He needed air.

  "Jungkook!" Again, it was Seokjin's voice calling out to him. Desperate.

  Somehow, he'd drifted a bit further from the bridge— where it had cut off— but he was quick as he swam to the edge of it, where Seokjin was urgently holding his hand out to him. His breathing was getting faster despite needing so much more of it than those sharp inhales.

  "What the fuck was that?"

  "Just come on!" Seokjin ignored his question, pulling the younger back onto the bridge.