38

"Vegas?! For what?" my mouth falls open.

"Don't tell me you have something against Vegas, princess?" Harry laughs at me.

"I just don't understand why? Isn't it a little random? Plus like a whole lot of money," I say.

"Yeah, especially considering our traveling style," he smiles proudly and looks at Liam, who also gives him an approving chuckle.

For a minute I just stand there, right in front of him, staring at him. Why would we possibly need to go to fricking Vegas?! This is a lot of money, and I don't have this kind of money to waste. It's completely pointless.

"No," I say.

"No?" Harry repeats.

"Yeah no, I'm not going to waste the money we just earned on a trip! I have to pay for-!" I stop myself at the right moment. "Stuff," I come up with an alternative ending to that sentence.

"And how exactly are you gonna do that?" he inhales a deep breath of smoke.

"I'm gonna take my part, and I'm out," I say confidently. Everything suddenly gets a whole lot quieter.

He holds the smoke in for a couple of more seconds but lets it out with a smile. "And how are you gonna pay with dirty money?" Harry asks.

"Dirty?" I'm confused. I have heard the term before, but I don't completely understand the meaning.

Harry for a second looks at me, to make sure I'm serious, but then starts laughing.

"You thought you can just go rob a bank and use the money the next day without doing anything?" he stops laughing, but the smile doesn't go anywhere.

"You can't?" to be honest I had thought exactly that.

"You have to clean the money, darling. You don't think it's a little suspicious if a school kid all of a sudden has bread? Think with your head." He points to the side of his head, his look showing superiority.

"And how do I 'clean' the money?" I wonder.

"You'll see," he smirks. "Let's go, we have an early flight tomorrow," he walks past me, towards Niall's car.

"But I have school," I try to convince him one last time.

"What about it?" He doesn't care.

"What do I do about it?" I ask.

"The same that Chaia does," he shrugs and sits inside the car.

We divide ourselves into two cars and leave the warehouse. I'm seated right next to a few duffle bags of money, that we had robbed today. I felt guilty because of it. But they're insured, right? All banks are.

Bright street lamps make me sleepy. Well that, and the fact that it's already 2.30 am. If there really is an early flight, I don't want to know how much we even get to sleep before it. But I'm not sure yet if I'm actually going. Why are we going to Vegas to clean money? Can't we do this here?

It's pitch black outside when we pull up to Niall's driveway. It's even darker when we walk through the door inside. Well at least before Chaia turns on the light.

"Our flight leaves at six, so we don't have a lot of sleep. A few hours max," she informs me.

"What time do we have to get going?" I ask.

"At least at five," Louis says,

"Five? Won't we be late?" I ask. As much as I've flown, we always go to an airport a few hours earlier at least.

"Believe me, they won't leave without us," Harry is very sure of it. Okay, whatever he says, I'm tired.

"Oh Dawn, I almost forgot!" Chaia says and rushes down to the basement.