74

I'm woken up by a loud bang in the kitchen. My body jolts up, and I look right in the direction of the sound. It's Harry. He has dropped something in the kitchen and is now pouring water from the kettle into a bowl. An empty ramen package is right next to him.

His front is facing me, but he isn't looking at me. Only once I push myself straighter, I catch his eyes. He stares right back at me, while I do the same. My back hurts from falling asleep on the couch. I take a quick glance at the clock on the wall. It's five past three.

He doesn't say a word, and so I don't either. I just keep staring at him for some seconds, while he does the same. I can't read anything from his face, so it's absolutely pointless for me to start talking. And if I'm being honest, his face still pisses me off. He should at least apologize!

I stand up from the couch, wrapping myself in the blanket I fell asleep with, and walk to my room. Harry can sleep on the couch if he wants to, or in the car, I don't care. If he found the noodles himself, he should be able to find a blanket.

I crawl right into bed, without even throwing the clothes off of it, or lifting the covers, I just sleep on top of everything, with the crocheted blanket. I'm too tired to think about where or how I'm sleeping, I just want to go back to sleep.

It was so good to sleep in my own bed for a change. I knew every inch of it, all the comfortable places. I had even missed this one poking spring on the left side of the bed. I can't believe I have to leave again tomorrow, but I cheer myself up with the thought, that I will be able to come back here as soon as nan gets out of the hospital.

In the morning, there isn't any light to touch my face, which I have sort of gotten used to already. This also results in me waking up a little later than I might've wanted. It's already almost ten, so the visiting hours are starting soon.

I grab a shirt, that I had thrown on the bed, and put it on. Plain black jeans and Converse. I have to be comfortable, but I don't want to go to the hospital in sweats either. I take a big tote bag, that's hanging on the head of my bed. It has some yarn and knitting needles in it.

I turn the bag upside down, dumping them all on the bed. I don't have to worry about cleaning up right now, so I don't. I use the bag to take some clothes with me. For the time left, I have to be in school, and I need more clothes for that. I didn't realize everyone has different outfits there, daily. Well to be completely honest, I had been rooting for a school uniform, but that was a miss.

I brush my hair and put it in a low ponytail. When I'm ready, I walk to the living room to see if Harry is already awake. I don't know if he wants to give me a ride after yesterday, but either way, he has to leave when I do. And I have to go to the store, before going to the hospital.

I intentionally make my footsteps loud, so that if he isn't awake yet, he'd at least wake up now. But that doesn't help, in the living room, I see Harry. He's still fully clothed, even the leather jacket. He's still sleeping on the couch, even his dirty shoes are on the couch.

I let out a sharp exhale, and walk up to him.

"No shoes on the couch," I say pretty loudly while pulling both of his feet off it.

This wakes him up. At first, he looks around a little lost, but when he sees me, he lets his head fall back on the pillow. I see he didn't find a blanket.

"Whether you give me a ride or not I have to leave, and so do you," I say pretty firmly.

"Why wouldn't I give you a ride?" He asks, lifting his head again.

I don't know what to say to that, so I just walk away from him into the kitchen. I remember the dishes I left in the sink yesterday, and plan on washing them before we leave. But when I get closer, I realize that the sink is empty. Harry must've done them.