79

I still don't feel comfortable behind a steering wheel, maybe it's the lack of practice, but going all alone made it even worse. The destination might also play a small part in it to be fair.

I'm headed to meet Erik. The address he gave me is not the house that we robbed, but the map app on my phone is really helping me.

I think they figured out the mic problem because once again I'm forced to wear it. Harry told me specifically not to mess up this time when he was attaching it.

I didn't argue with him, because I was too nervous, but once I go back, I'm not gonna hold back.

A right turn down the road takes me between the fields. I'm out of nowhere. I check the app on my phone and it says that my destination is exactly a mile away.

The only building I see is this abandoned-looking shed.

Oh god, I think this is not a good idea. I shouldn't have agreed to this. What if I get killed and he just dumps my body somewhere here? No one would be able to find me.

Slowing down a bit, I pull up to the front of the shed. The metal is rusting and it looks like it could collapse at any second.

I take a second to think in the car. What are the chances that I get killed and never see daylight again? 90 to 10? Doesn't seem too good.

After a few deep breaths, I decide to face it. Others on the other side listening, are probably yelling at me right now. God knows, maybe they're saying I shouldn't go.

I step outside, slowly closing the door. I don't lock it, because what if I have to escape. To be honest I'm surprised this old car even works still. Liam said that I can't take any of theirs because he knows what they look like, so I have to be okay with a rusty old Volkswagen.

"Hello?" I say loudly. Maybe I'm in the wrong place.

I keep walking towards the door of the shed, but it's not looking too welcoming.

Suddenly someone walks out from behind a corner, right toward me. I don't recognize the guy.

"What are you looking for?" He asks coldly, furrowing his brows.

"Uh, Erik?" I hesitate.

"What for?" He asks next. I must be in the right place.

"It's just, he sent me this address and told me to-"

"Are you Dawn?" He cuts me off.

"Yeah."

"Leave your phone in the car and come with me," he demands.

I back up, taking my phone out of my pocket and opening the car door. Why can't I have my phone there? This is a hundred percent a red flag.

I hesitate, but I do as he says and leave my phone in the car. If something were to go south I'm still wearing a microphone so it should be fine.

I walk behind the guy right into the shed in front of us. I'm pretty shocked to find out that the shed is completely empty. Just a big building with nothing in it.

"Erik!" The guy calls out to him.

We are not alone in the shed either. There are two other guys besides the one that walked me in here. They're just staring, without doing anything.

"Dawn," Erik walks out from behind the corner. He's carrying a cardboard box. "Come here."

I walk right up to him, eyeing the box. It probably has drugs in it.

"Take that," suddenly he pushes the box against my chest for me to take. Without thinking about it much I take it.

"Follow me. I need you with some boxes," he turns around and we walk toward the other end of the shed.