Chapter 1

" OH MY FUCKING GOD, WHY IS THE WORLD AGAINST ME!!"

I had tried several hospitals and interviews, telling me I was too young or not what they were looking for. I had tried almost every hospital I could think of, even asking my doctor what he did, but he said he was " Too Old" to remember. I looked at my friend's profiles on Instagram and opened the app to see them taking selfies, saying, " 1st Day at Work!" I was irritated. I made a quick tuna sandwich looking at my phone to see if anyone had called. It was empty. I had always thought that college was hard, but I felt now as if it was easier actually to get the degree than to use it. I was so lost. My phone began to ring; I quickly picked it up and answered,

" Hello this is Aella Amador."

" Hello, Aella, I am Elliot Fitzgerald, and I was wondering if you could take the job as our new Prison Doctor; we had to fire our last one, and we desperately need one. Before agreeing, you will have to know that this is a serious, dangerous, and brave job to take on. I know you are young, but I have seen your potential and hopes of becoming a doctor, and I feel you would be a great fit. Are you in?"

" Yes, I am in," I said nervously, I never thought of being a prison doctor, but this was the only chance I had. It shouldn't be too bad. " When should I start?"

" As soon as possible, Maybe tomorrow. Our prison is the Alderside Prison of Inmates. Be sure not to bring any weapon or thing that could be used as a weapon: no crop tops or short shorts. We want you to be in very formal wear. Do I make it clear?″

" Yes, sir. Have a great day. Thank you."

" You too, Miss Amador."

I ended the call and began to jump up and down. I got a job !! I called my best friend Autumn: who is now a fashion designer.

" HEY, AELLA!!!" Autumn replied yelling

" Hey!! Guess what? I got a JOB!!"

" OMG, where or what hospital?"

" Well, it isn't a hospital; it is a prison."

" OMG, you are so badass; you get to take care of the most dangerous people; which prison?"

" Alderside Prison of-"

" Inmates!! Girl, this is one of the most dangerous jails in THE WORLD!! I am so happy for you!! Do you need something to wear?"

" Yes," I said quietly. Was this jail as dangerous as it seems?

" Ok, well, I will see you in 20; I just finished my part of the photo shoot. See you!!"

" Bye"

I went to the fridge and grabbed some chocolate ice cream, and began to watch Lucifer. I was scared, but this was the only job or chance, so I had to take it.

After watching Lucifer for about 30 minutes, I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to Autumn, who stood with junk food piled in her hands, with clothes in cases in her arms.

" You didn't have to do this!" I told her

" I know, but you have been waiting for this moment, so I am just helping you get ready for this moment!"

" Thank you, Autumn!!"

" No Problem!!"

I helped her with the food and placed the clothes neatly on my bed. I went over to the food and opened a pack of Takis, grabbed a handful, stuffing them into my mouth. I washed my hands to get the powder off, walking over to Autumn, who was ready to dress me.

After trying multiple outfits, we decided on a black pencil skirt with a white blouse. I was very casual, and I wouldn't go for the colors Autumn had picked out. She laid the outfit out, joining me on the couch to watch a movie. We were watching Lucifer, of course, but she was an episode ahead, so she just waited the rest of the 10 minutes till I was done. We started the next episode, till we both fell asleep.

AUTHORS NOTE:

This was an introduction chapter, so it might have been boring, but it will get better!!