Chapter 5

I had called Brax about if Autumn could come since he said a few of his friends might be over, and he said okay. I don't think he could ever hurt me, but just in case, I wanted someone I knew to be there. As I walked up to his apartment, I knocked, hearing voices and screaming from the other side. I looked up to see Brax, staring with his vibrant, scintillating green eyes.

"HI! I thought you would ditch out last minute due to my criminal background." Brax said, teasing me for my innocents. I mean, it's good to have some, but not since you never know what will happen.

" Hey, no, Brax, I am not that much of an asshole as you make me seem."

" Just saying!" Brax said in a high-pitched voice that made me laugh.

" I love your voice and your laugh; it makes me comfortable and makes it easier to talk to such an annoying human." Brax said, teasing me once again

" Oh, stop! Also, Autumn might come a bit later since she is in traffic and has a fashion set up."

" Well, more time alone with you works for me." He said, giving me a sly smile

" Oh, Brax, what will I do with you!"

" Help me in prison when I get hurt and buy me food." He said winking

I rolled my eyes and said," Well, can we maybe get out of the cold? I am freezing out here!"

" I don't know, can we?"

" Yes!" I walked inside, but Brax grabbed me and set me back outside.

" I am cold, though, please."

"Fine! Would you like dinner and something to drink?"

" Yes, please, I am starving."

Brax nodded, carrying me to a couch. As he laid me down, he grabbed a bunch of blankets underneath the cushion, covering me in crochet, cotton, and random patched blankets. As I sat, he unloaded all the groceries and handed me my dinner. I wasn't sure what it was, but it smelled amazing.

" What is this?"

"It's Chipotle Chicken Rice Bowls from Hello Fresh."

" Sounds Good!"

Braxton nodded, moving my feet to lie on his lap. I then moved to sit up and sit next to him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to take up the whole space, but how have you been lately!"

" You weren't taking up the whole space; your feet were just in the way of the part that wasn't covered by your big body. Lately, I have been thinking of you and hanging out with friends. What about you? Laying old tattooed men with bald spots?"

" Wow, thanks!" I said sarcastically and then went on, " No, I haven't been laying old men, but I did lay this one tattooed muscular guy with blonde hair and a body full of tattoos. Also, that is good you have friends; I thought you would never have any!"

Braxton gave me an irritated look and said," Well, I don't want you laying other men in there, that will get you fired like our last one, and second yes I do have friends."

" I was joking about la-"

" I know, just don't, please."

" I won't... Sorry" I said, looking down in embarrassment. Why did you say that, Aella? Tears filled my eyes. I could feel my face turning a shade of red. I didn't mean to make Braxton feel that way, a way of having to protect me from sadistic men.

Braxton looked my way, and I just looked away. As I felt the couch shift, I turned to Braxton and saw him with a gun towards Autumn.

" What are you doing, Brax! That is Autumn!"

" Oh, sorry, I didn't know if she was trying to..."

" NO! Even if she was, why would you start pointing guns when you don't know! Tell me, honestly, were you about to shoot her?"

" No, I was just..."

" No, just stop there if I am going to hang out with you; no pointing guns randomly unless you see the other person with some weapon. I just can't.." I couldn't finish my sentence. I was crying from earlier, but I also feared that if I were to come over, he would point a gun at my head.

" Aww, Beautiful." Braxton ran over to me, dropping the gun on the counter to embrace me. I leaned into his chest; somehow, I felt safe. Brax kissed the top of my head, whispering sorry into my ear. Brax started to look at Autumn, whose face looked like she saw a ghost.

" I know he just pointed a gun at my head, and then you guys started screaming at each other, but how the fuck do I find this cute? Also, who else will be here? No drugs, right?"

" My friends Elio, Christian, and my brother Julian will be here. Also, I am sorry for my actions; I should have never pointed a gun at your head, I was just worried, but that doesn't mean I am a complete psycho. So no drugs this time." Brax stated

" Fuck I thought I was going to be snorting real shit if I was at a prisoner's house!" Autumn joked, laughing at her joke; I started laughing along too.

" Nope, no shit here," Brax said, joking.

We heard another knock at the door, and Braxton yelled, " IT'S OPEN!!"
In came three young men about Braxton and I's age. They wore sleeves of tattoos like Brax. Autumn looked at me with excitement; I knew she would be interested.
" Elio, Christian, Julian, this is Aella and Autumn, her friend."
We all shook hands, introduced ourselves, we began to socialize and drink. Autumn was doing shots with Brax's friends while Brax and I sat on the couch with drinks and snacks.
" You wanna put something on TV?"Braxton asked
"Sure, you can pick."
" Ok, does The Princess Bride work?"
" I love that movie, but you like that?"
" Yes, stop judging," Braxton said with a smile. I smiled, sitting up straight with a bag of talkies and White Claw on the side. I felt a bit dizzy, but I was okay. Braxton laid his head on my lap, rubbing my leg. I looked down to see in minutes; he was passed out. I never thought he was the fall asleep at a party type.
" WANT A SHOT AELLA!" Autumn said with a squeaky voice.
" No thanks." As Autumn kept drinking and flirting, I drifted off to sleep on the couch.

Hey Guys, Sorry it's been months since I posted; it is still hard to do, but please vote and comment and keep reading! I might not post so much, but I will try when I can. Thank you, Guys, for the new followers!!
Love You Guys!!! ❤️