CHAPTER 10: THE YULE BALL

Pig had flown into the great hall with a package. He dropped it in front of Ron. "Hey guys, Mom sent me something."

He then opened it up and saw a set of clothes. "Mom sent me a dress." He said. "Well it does match your eyes, I wonder if there's a bonnet." Harry asked. He found it quickly after. "Ah ha." He said. He then lifted it up and moved it in front of the garment. "Put that down, Harry."

The others were giggling at the two of them. Y/N was enjoying their antics the most. "Is she sure these aren't for Ginny?" Ron asked. "Their dress robes, for you, Ron." Hermione said.

Before Ron could ask what they were for, an announcement came up. "All students report to their house heads immediately."

The Gryffindors we're in a spacious room with the students divided into a group of boys and a group of girls. Professor McGonagall had Filtch set up a record player.

"The Yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since it's inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the great hall for a night of well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this quite literally because the yule ball is, first and foremost, a dance." She explained.

The girls seemed excited, but the guys weren't looking forward to it, Y/N especially, Y/N wasn't a dancer by any means, he was a fighter. He was more comfortable fighting than he was dancing. None of his housemates knew a thing about dancing either.

"Silence, the house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling bumbling band of baboons." McGonagall said. Fred and George decided to try to make a tongue twister out of that phrase.

"Now to dance is to let the body breathe, now inside every girl a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight." McGonagall said. Focusing her attention on the girls.

"Something's about to burst out of Hilary, but I don't think it's a swan." Ron said to Seamus. He chuckled at that. McGonagall then turned her attention to the boys.

"Inside every boy, a lordly Lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley." She said to Ron. "Yes." He said, looking like a guilty child. "Will you join me, Please?" She asked. Ron's expression went from guilty to uncomfortable in an instant.

He stood up and joined her. "Now place your right hand on my waist." She told him. "Where?" He asked, obviously not enjoying himself. "My waist." He did as he was told and wolf whistles were made in the crowd.

In his mind, Aimee was trying her best to help him relax, with some success and he calmed down a bit, thanking her for the assistance.

"Now bend your arm." She said. He did so and Professor McGonagall had Filtch turn on some music.

"One, two, three. One, two, three." She said as she instructed Ron on what to do.

Harry decided to get the twins' attention. "You're never going to let him forget about this, are you?" He asked. "Never." The two said. "Well keep in mind that he is soul bond to the sword woman from Beauxbatons." He said. The twins didn't know that, but looked like they won the lottery.

"Now everyone come together." McGonagall said. Y/N looked at Harry and the two of them nodded. They approached Hermione and Ginny and offered their hands, which the two accepted.

Y/N and Hermione were in the same position as McGonagall and Ron. "It's been a while since I've done this." He said. "Just think back to the lake two years ago." He nodded and the two began to dance.