Epilogue - Return

One year later

The Avengers Compound

The Avengers wandered aimlessly around the compound, snowed in and unfortunately due to that weather they were restricted to the building.

Peter had come over to help Tony in the lab having only met the rest of the team a few months prior but already like family to them.

The had long since finished in the lab and was now sorting through files Fury had asked Tony to organise weeks ago.

One mission in particular caught the young boys eye and he pulled out the file and began to flick through it.

"Hey, Mr. Stark, who's Absantine?" As soon as the words left his mouth the room fell into eerie silence.

Steve visibly tensed and Natasha looked down sadly at her hands while Bruce shifted in the uncomfortable silence.

After a moment the super soilder cleared his throat and sat up straighter "we um....... we don't talk about her kid" he said as though it would explain everything.

Peter realised it was a touchy subject but he was invested now, besides it couldn't hurt to push a little further right?

"Why, what did she do?" He asked "she's a bad person who killed a good man for her own selfish reasons" snapped Steve, his tone bitter.

Tony was just about to scold Steve for snapping at the kid when a bone chilling voice cut through the room

"And here I thought we got along Captain".

⧗   

𝓐𝓫𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓷

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔏𝔬𝔫𝔩𝔢𝔶 𝔚𝔦𝔡𝔬𝔴

  𝙱y 𝙼𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝙰𝚟𝚎𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚍