Bruises and Pianos

**picture on the side of Dan being a cutie pie**

Phils POV

I walked down the halls and I got strange looks from my classmates. "Well well. Look its the gaylord!" Johnathan said "Hey where's your boyfriend?" Michael yelled out to me "Someones on their period today" Aaron yelled

"Can you guys shut up?" I said back. All three of them were twice my size and I knew that I had made a huge mistake when the three were backing me into a corner of the empty hallway. "Please?" I said holding up my arms to cover my face. "Is the little helpless Phil scared?" Johnathan yelled and then the three started punching and kicking me, while laughing. The pain was almost too much to handle, I was in tears.

"No!" I heard someone yell from down the hall. "Stop it's me you want" The boys voice grew louder and then I oppened my eyes to see Dan being dragged over by Aaron and getting punched in the face and kicked in the stomach. I was sure he and I were bloody and hurt like hell. "I think we've done enough damage today men. Lets get out of here." I heared one of the boys say and I heared them walking away.

"I'm sorry Dan" I managed to say "Nah its okay I've gotton worse." Dan said "Come on lets go get cleaned up and then we'll head to music."

After we cleared away the blood I had a black eye and dan had one to match. The rest was just pains in my stomach and arms. Which I knew would be bruises tomorrow. We headed to the music room.

Once we got there Dan headed over to the corner to the piano and I headed over to my friends who were singing pop songs in the corner. I was about to sit down when I heard him play the chords to the start of a familiar song. I looked at him focused and determined to play it right. Then he did something unexpected. He sang

"Swinging in the backyard. Pull up in your fast car, whistling my name. Open up a beer.
And you say get over here and play a video game." He sang quietly but loud enough I could here him when I walked over to the piano and pulled up a chair.

"I'm in his favorite sun dress.
Watching me get undressed, take that body downtown.
I say you the bestest
Lean in for a big kiss, put his favorite perfume on.
Go play your video game." He sang sweetly. He looked up at me but didn't stop playing

"It's you, it's you, it's all for you. Everything I do, I tell you all the time. Heaven is a place on earth with you. Tell me all the things you want to do.
I heard that you like the bad girls honey, is that true?
It's better than I ever even knew. They say that the world was built for two. Only worth living if somebody is loving you. Baby now you do." Dan sang, tears in his eyes and looked like he was about to choke.

The entire class was watching him so as long as he could keep playing piano I'd jump in to sing this next verse.
"Singing in the old bars. Swinging with the old stars,
living for the fame. Kissing in the blue dark, playing pool and wild darts. Video games
He holds me in his big arms.
Drunk and I am seeing stars.
This is all I think of. Watching all our friends fall, in and out of Old Paul's. This is my idea of fun. Playing video games." I sang the while Dan kept playing the piano. He didn't stop me so I continued the chorus.
"It's you, it's you, it's all for you. Everything I do, I tell you all the time. Heaven is a place on earth with you. Tell me all the things you want to do. I heard that you like the bad girls honey, is that true? It's better than I ever even knew. They say that the world was built for two. Only worth living if somebody is loving you. Baby now you do."

Dans POV
Phil had an amazing voice.
Phil continued but I joined in for the last chorus like a movie, I couldn't stay mad at him. I loved him.

"It's you, it's you, it's all for you. Everything I do, I tell you all the time. Heaven is a place on earth with you. Tell me all the things you want to do. I heard that you like the bad girls honey, is that true? It's better than I ever even knew. They say that the world was built for two. Only worth living if somebody is loving you. Baby now you do.

I played the last chords like anyone would. Once I was done the room burst up with applause and cheers for us both. Though Phil had been the center of attention before, I had a look of terror on my face. Phil grabbed my hand and we both bowed.
And I took to heart the words we sung, they echoed in my mind...

Not just,
"Only worth living if somebody is loving you."
But the oh-so much better part.

"Baby now you do."

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

There you go everyone. A little cute Phan moment to make your day better. Another short update soon.~Syd