Chapter 24

"Target is a mobile satellite platform, the Lumerian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago," Rumlow debriefed Steve, Natasha, and Ada. Ada found this part of missions rather boring. Listening to Dr. Jabavu's advice was arguably one of the best decisions she ever made. Well, he thought it would a good coping mechanism with all of the changes in her life, but Ada somehow found joy in beating up people on missions. She liked her behind the scenes work with her dad against Obidiah and Killian, but actually being in the mission brought her more enjoyment.

"Any demands?" Steve 

"Billion and a half."

"Why so steep?"

"Because it's S.H.I.E.L.D.'s."

"So it's not off-course. It's trespassing."

"I'm sure they have a good reason," Natasha tried to reason.

"You know, I'm a little tired of being Fury's janitor." Ada had to agree with Steve there. She enjoyed missions, but this same routine was getting a little old. 

"Relax. It's not that complicated."

"How many pirates?" 

"Twenty-five. Top mercs led by this guy," Rumlow pulled picture up on the screen. "Georges Batroc. Ex-DGSE, Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had 36 kill missions. This guy has got a rep for maximum casualties."

"Hostages?"

"Mostly techs. One officer," Rumlow pulled up another picture. "Jasper Sitwell. They're in the galley."

"What's Sitwell doing on a ship?" Ada mumbled to Steve.

"Alright I'm gonna sweep the deck and find Batroc. Nat and Ada, kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep the aft find the hostages, get them into the lifepods and get them out."

"He's really good at giving orders," Ada whispered to Natasha.

Her comment went ignored as Steve gave her another order. Ada put her earpiece in. She was grateful for Natasha getting her several similar suits to her own. Although Ada left out the gloves, due to her main weapon being claws coming out of her fingernails. She added a vest to store a lot of other weapons in case it got too dangerous for close combat. She wore her own combat boots to fight in. 

"Did you do anything fun Saturday night?" Natasha looked to Steve

"Well, all the guys from barbershop quartet are dead, so, no, not really," Steve replied

"You took care of Shadow while I was in New York," Ada butted in.  

Ada had been allowed to go see Tony on the weekends, but because she still needed treatment with Dr. Jabavu, she decided it was best to stay in D.C. 

"Coming up on the drop zone, Cap," the voice in the earpiece spoke. Steve hit the button behind him.

"Taking care of Shadow is not what I was asking about," she told Ada before turning to Steve again. "You know, if you ask Kristen out from Statistics, she'd say yes."

"That's why I don't ask." 

The wind whistled as the hatch opened to the back of the quinjet.

"Too shy, or too scared?" 

"Too busy!"

Ada looked out as Steve jumped out before looking back at Natasha. Natasha gave the younger Stark a smile. 

"What?" 

"You two would be cute. He's obviously not going to be talking to anyone else," Natasha commented.