Chapter 27

There was nothing but silence as Ada stood with the metal armed man. She hated the uniform she was given. Her hair was pulled into a high ponytail. A black mask covered her mouth and nose as a reminder that she could not speak. Of course, she still wore the collar. The black catsuit had the HYDRA emblem on both shoulders, and it had red trimming. The katanas were strapped to her back, and a small earpiece was in one of her ears.

There was a young girl with them that she had never seen before. She had a sniper rifle in her hand.  She lacked many of the close range weapons that the rest of them had, so she was obviously a long distance fighter today. The scars that marred her hands proved that she had just as much experience as the rest of them, however. She was playing with the gun like she was board, constantly unloading and reloading it.

"Perestan'," the metal armed man spoke to the girl (Stop that).

"Ya budu delat' vse chto zakhocu," she glared at him. (I'll do whatever I want)

This resulted in a harsh slap across her face.

"Sosredotch'tes', ditya," (Focus, child.)

She brought her hand back down to her side. Ada envied the two for being able to speak.

"Тam," she pointed to a black Chevrolet. (There)

Just like that, the soldier launched off of the roof and was after the car. Several HYDRA vehicles assisted as he made his way to the car.

"Ya nikogda ne video tebya ran'she," the girl turned towards the Stark. (I have never seen you before)

Ada could not respond to her even if she wanted to. She did not understand the language, and she was unable to speak without getting electrocuted. Ada just stared at the girl. 

"Chto be tak? Ty me mozhesh' govorit?" the girl continued to try to get anything out of the youngest Stark. (What's wrong? Can't you speak?)

"She-wolf, get down there," an agent spoke.

Her dark eyes went down to the scene below. She saw a bus that had been flipped over with Steve's iconic shield laying next to it. Several cars on the highway had bullet marks. She saw the metal armed man with a gun as he looked down off the bridge. She saw Natasha racing underneath the bridge. 

"Now!" the agent demanded. 

The collar began to heat up, and Ada shivered as she sprung into action. She jumped off the side of the building and used a grappling hook to slow her fall. She landed softly on her two feet as she began to take quiet steps towards the fight. 

"Keep to the shadows. You're backup right now," a person over the comms ordered.

She heeded the order and stayed out of sight, but just close enough to where she could still hear the fight. She hear gunfire, screams, and shouts when the next order came.

"Find Romanoff."

She came out of her hiding spot as she immediately caught the redhead's scent. She walked slowly as she prepared herself to have to fight her friend. Then, her sensitive hearing caught something. She wanted to pretend to ignore it, but the humming of the collar kept her to her orders. She pillows out a small explosive and rolled it across the pavement towards the car she heard the voice. An explosion erupted, and the car she had heard the voice burst into flames. She expected for the redhead to have bolted from the scene, but her heart sank as she did not see Natasha run from the explosion.

Her horror was short lived, as she heard footsteps fast approaching. Ada turned just in time for a kick to land right in the middle of her chest from the Black Widow. Natasha wrapped her legs around Ada's neck and flipped backwards. Ada landed on her back as the air got knocked out of her lungs, an all too familiar feeling at this point. Ada pushed up and kicked Nat in the stomach, sending her flying into a car. The Stark hesitated for just a moment, but that was all the redhead needed to come back with her own attack. 

The Widow threw a widow bite at the girl, but the small electric current did not faze her. She had felt much worse from the collar currently on her neck. Ada ripped the device from her skin only for Natasha to kick her across her face. The mask went flying across the pavement, and tears began to develop in Ada's eyes. She turned to her friend. 

"Ada?" Natasha asked as she took a step forward. 

Ada took more steps back as Natasha inched towards her. Her eyes were darting around, trying not to focus on Natasha. 

"Ada, what's going on?" Natasha spoke quietly. 

She began to place a hand on the brunette's shoulder. The collar let out a high pitched beep, Ada shivered and then sprinted away from her. 

"Wait!" Natasha called as she chased after the Stark girl. "Ada, we can save you! Just let me help you!"

She caught up easily to the younger of the two. She grabbed her shoulder. Ada drew and swung her katana in an arc and barely missed Natasha's head.

"Ada! Stop fighting me! It's me!" Natasha wrestled with her. A shrill sound rang throughout the air. At this, Ada brought up her knee to Nat's stomach and pushed her off of her. Natasha rolled and looked up at her. 

She then recognized the emotion her her eyes. She had pure terror written in them. Go,  Ada mouthed the word as she pleadingly looked at the red head. 

"No, not without you," Natasha tried to reason. 

Lost cause, Ada replied back. It was still for a moment before the collar let out another ring and crackled to life. Her body tensed up as she faltered momentarily. Once the electricity subsided, Ada was quick to grab her other katanas off of its place on her back. Her eyes were dull and tired, a change from before. 

Natasha stood, and Ada sprung into action.