Chapter 8

While Tony dealt with his own nightmares, Ada dreamt of Spencer from her time in the base. His smile, his face, his voice, burned into her mind. It had some sort of a grip on her and it wouldn't let her go no matter what.

Ada jolted awake in her sleep, however, when she all of the sudden had a nightmare. She breathed heavily, but she quickly reached for her phone. She had relaxed and called the one person she knew she could count on.

"Hello?" a groggy voice spoke through the phone.

"Hey, Jackson," Ada spoke. "I'm sorry for calling you at this time I-"

"Ada, it's fine. You know you can call me anytime."

"Thanks, Jackie," Ada smiled. "Can you talk to me until I fall asleep?"

So that's how it went. Jackson and Ada continued to talked until sleep eventually found its way to Ada. However, it wasn't Jackson who Ada thought of.

-----------------

"Hey, Jackson I want you to met Spencer.

"Hey, I'm Spencer," Spencer extended his hand towards Jackson.

Ada had thought it was a good idea for the two to meet, after finally getting in contact with Spencer.

"Jackson," Jackson took Spencer's hand.

"I've missed you, Spence," Ada hugged him.

"I've missed you too, how have you been?" Spencer smiled as he pulled away.

They sat down and talked, only pausing when the waitress came over. Ada and Spencer continued on having a conversation, but the minute Spencer left to go to the bathroom, Jackson quickly grabbed her arm and dragged her out of there.

"What are you doing?!" Ada yelled.

"Listen to me, stay away from Spencer," Jackson sternly spoke. "Trust me this is for your own good."

"Jackson! I know what's good for me. Spencer is my friend, and I wanted you two to get along," Ada argued.

"Ada. Please. I'm just trying to protect you. I...I-I can't lose you a-again," Jackson choked.

Ada wrapped her arms around him. The two didn't care about the stares they were getting, it was just the two of them in that moment.

"I'm not going anywhere," Ada assured.

Jackson buried his nose in the crook of her neck as they continued to hug. However, Spencer watched on with angry glares.

-----------------

Ada sat in the lab with Tony as he injected sensors in his arm.

"Forty-six," JARVIS counted

Tony injected another sensor into his arm.

"Fourty seven."

"Ow!" Tony yelled out as he finished injecting it.

"Sir, please may I request just a few hours to calibrate..."

"No," Tony grumbled.

"Forty-eight."

Tony exclaimed again in pain.  

"Micro-repeater implanting sequence complete," Tony noted as he wiped the blood off of his arm.

"As you wish, sir. I've also prepared a safety briefing for you to entirely ignore," JARVIS informed.

"Which I will," Tony agreed. "All right, let's do this."

"What exactly is this that we are doing?" Ada asked.