Chapter 4

Steve landed the jet at the Triskelion. He saw Tony waiting at the landing site. Once his jet landed, he stepped out to greet Tony.

"The other jet has her?" he asked.

Steve nodded.

"I just have to warn you, she's scared and confused right now. I don't know how she's going to react to all of this," Steve explained.

The second jet then came into view.

The two stared at the plane as it started its descent towards the ground. Steve stood next to Tony, as this plane held his previously assumed dead daughter. The back of the quinjet opened and shouts immediately filled their ears. Four men held her, but she was still kicking and screaming.

"LET ME GO! GET OFF OF ME! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME NOW! I JUST WANT TO...go home..." the yells then turned into sobs as she gave up and hung her head as she cried.

The men holding her stopped.

"Ada!" Tony ran over.

Her head snapped up.

"D-Dad?" she stuttered.

He knelt down next to her, and pulled her in for a hug. She smiled and continued with her sobs. Tony pulled away.

"Where am I?" she asked.

"SHIELD it's a spy agency pretty much, and you would happen to be in Washington D.C." he answered.

"When will we return to Malibu?" she smiled just at the thought of the Californian home.

"As soon as we get through all the questions that Fury will have. But don't worry we'll go home very soon"

"Who is he? Last I saw him he kidnapped me pretty much," she raised an eyebrow as she noticed Steve.

"Oh, Ada meet Captain Steve Rogers or Captain America. He was actually sent with the agents to save you."

Steve then walked over and offered his hand out to shake, but the minute he reached his hand out, she flinched and hid behind Tony.

"Don't worry, he won't hurt you," Tony promised.

Ada then tentatively extended her hand to shake his. Spencer was then dragged off the jet. While Ada had screamed while coming off the jet, he was silent. He took a glance at Ada as he was dragged into the building. Then, none other than Nick Fury himself walked out and made his way towards Ada, who hid behind Tony yet again.

"Stark, I need to question your daughter," he informed.

"I have to be there," Tony tried to negotiate.

"Fine."

Tony then stood and pulled Ada up to wrap an arm around her as they walked into SHEILD. Nick lead the two towards an interrogation room.

"So Adalene..." Nick started.

"Ada. I prefer Ada," she interrupted.

"Okay, Ada. How do you appear younger than before you went missing?"

"They tested an age experiment on me and aged me back. Then they froze me in ice."

Nick wrote something down.

"What is the last date you remember?"

"I can't remember the time, day, or month, but I remember the year. It was 2008."

"Okay, are you aware of what year it is now?" he asked.

She nodded her head.

"I know is that it's been a while," she responded. "It's 2013, right?"

He nodded as he wrote something else down.

"What all happened to you in that lab?"

Ada then had flashes of her time in the lab. The short time that she had been tortured.

"Next question please," she pleaded.

"Ada, I need you to answer."

"Fury...." Tony tried to interject.

"Stark step outside."

Tony did as told and went out.

"I need to know, Ada."

Ada just shook her head and looked at her hands that she was now fidgeting with.

"I-I can't," she teared up.

She heard the door open, some voices, and someone walk back in as the door closed.

"Ada."

She looked up to be met with Steve's eyes.

"Look, I know we got off to a rough start and that you don't know me all that well, and that you're scared because you just got out of the ice. But trust me, I know the feeling."

"How would you know?" she snapped.

"Maybe because I went through pretty much the same thing, except instead of being under for less than 10 years, I was under for 70. So I wake up, everyone I know is dead, and everything has changed."

"Were you a lab experiment?" she breathed out.

"Somewhat."

She looked up at him and then felt the tears start to fall. Steve quickly pulled her in for a comforting hug.

"T-they tested out all of t-this stuff on me....t-they have me I don't even know what powers...I-I think I w-was supposed to b-be some sort of w-weapon...b-but they didn't like it w-when people started getting on their trail, a-and they froze me."

She cried into Steve's shirt. He rubbed soothing circles in his back.

"T-that o-one man t-tried to do a-awful things to me," she continued.

"Sh, just let it all out, kid," Steve soothed.

----------------

"He'd be a great dad," Natasha noted.

"Probably a better one than me," Tony sighed.

"I don't know how that worked," Fury shook his head.

"He actually showed that she wasn't the only freak labrat in here. Heaven knows we all got issues," Natasha pointed out. "Well we know what happened now, we just need to know who did it."

"That's not going to be hard. As the agents collected a flash drive from the facility that contained all the information from the computers there. We'll get them," Nick turned to face Tony. "I recommend you take her back to Malibu. Keep her safe and calm. Try to get her readjusted to the world. Keep everything quiet about the situation for the time being."

Tony nodded and turned to stare at his daughter. It just dawned on him.

He had her back.