TWELVE

__

Chapter Twelve: Utterly Ridiculous
__

Chapter Twelve: Utterly Ridiculous__

__

Gianna's New Outfit
__

Gianna's New Outfit__

__

Marina's New Outfit
__

Marina's New Outfit__

__

As Edmund and Glenstorm distracted King Miraz, Lucy, Marina, and Gianna got ready to leave for the forest.

"Do you have everything?" Gianna asked Lucy and Marina who just mounted their horse. "Yes." They replied in unison.

Prince Caspian finished preparing his horse for Gianna to ride when she approached him.

"Thank you for allowing me to use your horse." She thanked while petting the animal. "Destrier has always served me well. You are in good hands." He assured her.

Looking deeply into Gianna's eyes before she could mount, Caspian said in a whisper "Good luck, Gianna." She blushed but stared back lovingly. "Thanks."

For a brief second, their eye contact broke because his eyes flickered to her lips.

Marina then chimed in with "Or hooves." causing Lucy to giggle and ruin the mood.

"Sorry." She apologized before adding "Bet the two of you would've kissed if we weren't here." When Gianna gave her a dealy stare, she shut up and looked straight ahead.

Then the oldest girl proceeded to mount Destrier with the help of Caspian and was ready to leave until he stopped her.

"Take this." He held Susan's horn up to Gianna. "Where did you get that? Did Susan give it to you?" Lucy asked him with Gianna agreeing "Yeah. Explain."

He swallowed deeply before figuring out a way to stall an explanation of what happened. "We've got no time for that."

But still, Gianna took it and placed it in her bag. "We will speak about this later, Caspian." The way she said "Caspian" caused him to blush a deep red. Mainly because she said it in a both intimating and seductive tone.

"Adios." "That means "Goodbye"." Marina translated before they road out of the How and towards the forest.

__

Deep inside the forest 20 minutes later, the girls started to talk to each other. Still keeping an eye on their surroundings but deciding to gossip.

"You know my brothers like you?" Lucy suddenly said causing both their heads to snap towards the young girl.

"What?!" They questioned her.

"Well I'm not sure about Edmund and Marina but Peter definitely has a crush on you, Gianna."

The oldest girl scoffed "That utterly ridiculous." She adjusted herself on Destrier to sit up taller. "I see him as a friend."

Lucy shrugged her shoulders "Well I'm not quite sure he sees you as one." In a warning tone "You should probably talk to him about this, hermana."

"I will once we return."

Since Lucy sat behind Marina, her arms wrapped around the girls waist, she whispered "What does that word mean?"

"Hermana means sister." She explained not thinking much but grinned once hearing Lucy's attempt in pronouncing it.

There was still a subject they were neglecting. And as the three got deeper into the woods, it was almost inevitable to talk about.

Having enough, "You would've kissed him if we weren't there?" Marina asked causing Lucy to laugh and Gianna to blush red.

"I'm not answering." She replied looking straight ahead and away from their judging stares. "She's definitely lying." "I know." The two whispered amongst themselves.

__

The three of them road besides a cliff in scilence and heard a man yell "Ride!"

"They've seen us!" Lucy shouted in fear.

"Then we mustn't allow them to warn Miraz." Marina replied before her and Gianna forced their horses to speed ahead.

After getting a good distance away, they stopped for Lucy to be with Gianna since Marina was staying back to take care of them.

"Be careful." Lucy advised her friend. "You as well." Marina looked at her sister who smiled brightly "I'll see you later, hermana." "Te miro ahorita." They said to each other before Gianna and Lucy left. (Translation: "I'll see you right now.")

Marina pulled out her sword and then proceeded to climb up a tree. It was quiet.

But she knew they were approaching and soon.

Up ahead the Telemarine soldiers approached and there were a good number of them. About 7.

"Aslan give me strength." Marina spoke in a soft whisper as they dismounted the horses to look for her.

One got near her tree but didn't see or hear as she moved around on a branch.

With a tight grip on her sword, she jumped off and landed right on top of one, knocking him out.

"6 more." She told herself before turning around and attacking two of them.

Both swung for both her head and midsection, yelling as they did so. Marina moved back and it caused their swords to hit each other's arms.

She hit their faces with her sword's blade and kicked their chest to fall on their back.

"Ah!" A soilder yelled while doing a horrible sneak attack behind her but she turned around and jabbed forward blindly. Lucky for her, it went straight through his chest. But she didn't see numbers 6 and 7 charge up to her, knocking Marina against a rock.

She shut her eyes tight and expected to be attacked and killed.

But to her surprise, Caspian road up right on time to defeat the two men with one sword swing.

"Your sister should've left you that horn." Caspian reached a hand down to grab and pull Marina up on his horse. "Thank you, cuñado."

__