Chapter 2: Arguments

Natasha's POV:

I wait in my office for Y/n to talk with her about her job. I look at the clock. Nine. Great, she's late at her first day. Suddenly I hear the door open and I see Y/n storming into my office.

Nat: "You're late." I say with a harsh voice pointing to the chair for her to sit down.

Y/n: "It's one past nine. I'm late one minute. It's not a big deal." She sits on the chair.

Nat: "Yes Y/n, It is a big deal. You know what does it tell me? That you are optional, irresponsible and that you don't treat your job seriously."I look at her shocked face.

Y/n: "You're ridiculous." She mocks me.

Nat: "Excuse me?!" Great start at work Y/n.

Y/n: "It's true. First you want to be friend of mine and then you treat me like shit!" 

Nat: "Don't shout at me." I say with a calm voice. "Besides, who said I want to be a friend of yours?" Her face red from anger.

Y/n: "Unbelievable." She scoffs.

Nat: "The only unbelievable thing here is your behavior." My face is still expressionless. "If you want to continue our meeting then calm down." She takes a breath to calm herself down.

Y/n: "All right. I'm sorry Miss Romanoff. I should be on time." Her face emotionless, she's trying to hold her anger inside.

Nat: "And?" I look at her. She takes a deep breath again.

Y/n: "And it won't happened again. And I'm sorry I was rude and that I was shouting." She looks into my eyes letting me know she's not afraid of me. I like it, she's firmless.

Nat: "Thank you." I announce dryly. "Let's get back to the business. Everyday you receive books drafts. You read them and decide if we will publish them or not. At the end of the day I want to see your notes and decisions about these books." I look at my computer to check if I told her everything.

Y/n: "I have a question." Is she kidding?

Nat: "Yes?" I sigh.

Y/n: "What if the book plot is good but the writer style is bad? Can I talk to the author and tell him my comments, or give him some advise?" She looks at me intensively.

Nat: "No. If that situation happens, then you come into my office, tell me about it and I decide about this book. Am I clear?" By looking at her I can tell she isn't satisfied by my answer, even tho her face is emotionless.

Y/n: "Clear." Short answer. I like it. She understood that I don't tolerate too many questions or too long answers.

Nat: "Great. If you need anything ask Spencer. Try not to interrupted me. Oh, and you don't have specific work hours. You can leave when you finish. That's all." I get back to writing my emails not paying attention to Y/n.

Y/n: "Yeah, thanks. I- I mean thank you, Miss Romanoff." I want to smile at her. She's so cute. 

No, what are you talking about. She's terrible, unprofessional and she's a kid. I keep my serious face and just nod at her. 

She left. I get up from my chair looking out of the window. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?! I couldn't stop thinking about her last night and now I have an argument with her. What is happening? I don't like it. I can't focus on my work, it's not good. I have to do something. I can't fire Y/n, she's only one day here. I am the problem, or my feelings? No, no, no. I don't have feelings. Especially not for Y/n. I will figure it out later. I have to do my job. I sit back to my desk and continue my work.