Chapter 13: Break me

Y/n's POV:

I walk into the office seeing Natasha's sitting at her desk. Maria sits in front of her and they're chatting and laughing and all that shit. I walk in with my head high, not looking into their direction. They get quiet and I feel their eyes on me. I sit at my desk, turn on my laptop and start to work as nothing happened. Natasha clears her throat.

Nat: "Morning, Y/n." 

Y/n: "Good morning, miss Romanoff." I keep my eyes on the screen.

Nat: "I thought you won't come today." 

Y/n: "Why wouldn't I?" I pretend innocent and stupid. I finally look at them.

Nat: "Well you weren't feeling well yesterday so I thought-"

Y/n: "You thought wrong, miss. I'm fine and I've got a work to do, so if you don't mind." I turn my head back to my laptop but I see with the corner of my eye that Natasha is red from anger. 

Maria: "So, Nat see you at the lunch then?" Maria stands up from her sit. I look at Natasha and our eyes meet. 

Nat: "I'd love to."

Maria: "Our favorite?" She tries to gets attention from Nat but Natasha's eyes are still locked with mine.

Nat: "Sounds great, I'll drive us." She breaks the contact with me and smiles to Maria.

Maria: "Great! See you later then." She walks out of the office.

I get back to work still feeling Natasha's eyes on me. Thick tension in the air and dead silence fills the room. I know it won't last long, she won't be able to-

Nat: "What are you trying to prove me?" She approaches my desk.

Y/n: "Nothing, I have nothing to prove especially not to you." I smile ironically and she clenches her jaw.

Nat: "Look, I just wanted to show you your place-"

Y/n: "By fucking the shit out of me? Sure." I say unbothered. "Oh and if you wanted to make me jealous by going out with Maria, you didn't." I say calm.

Nat: "Ha! You think I wanted to make you jealous?! Please!" Her voice cracks and it goes from ridicules to angry.

Y/n: "Yes, I think that." I know that she won't be able to control herself if I'll keep being so calm.

Nat: "I- UGH- " She takes deep breath and gets back to her desk.

I look at her seeing that she's really close to explode. I smile to myself, it'll be long and beautiful day.   

________

It's about lunch time and Natasha is getting ready when we hear knocking at the door.

Nat: "Come in!" Wanda walks in and annoyed expression gets into Natasha's face.

Wanda: "I just want to have a word with miss Holder." She smiles to me.

Y/n: "Oh, sure. Sit down-"

Nat: "If you'll touch her, I'll cut your hands off." She scoffs and leaves the office.

Y/n: "Sorry, don't pay attention to her." I roll my eyes.

Wanda: "I never do." She giggles as she sits at the chair opposite to mine.

Y/n: "So, what is it? How can I help you, miss Maximoff?" I smile to her.

Wanda: "Well, um- Do you wanna have lunch with me?" My smile faded and I looked her in the eyes.

Y/n: "Um, I'd love to but it's complicated and I-"

Wanda: "Pleaseee, I really miss our lunches together. I won't touch you I promise. Besides I want to keep my hands." She chuckles.