Chapter 5: Little Games

Y/n POV: 

The elevator door opens. I'm heading to the office. It's a bit too quiet in here. I knock at the door but I hear silence. I knock again and again, still no answer. I open the door seeing empty room. I go inside, sit at my desk and turn on my laptop. Where is Natasha? Did she oversleep? I don't think so...

Nat: "Good morning, Miss Holder." I see Natasha with wild smile and two coffees in her hands.

Y/n: "Good morning?"

Nat: "What? Can't I have a good day? Latte, right?" She puts one coffee on my desk.

Y/n: "Yes Latte. Of course, you can have good day. It's just unusual." I take sip of my coffee.

She sits at her desk and type something at her computer. I look at her for a second to make sure she's okay and I go back to work.

Nat: "We have meeting today at two." She smiles at me.

Y/n: "What!? Why didn't you tell me? I'm not prepared-"

Nat: "I know. I didn't want to tell you. I want to test you today. It's ten o'clock you have four hours to get ready, I believe it's enough time for you. Don't let me down Y/n. I'm counting on you." She winked at me going back to her work.

Y/n: "Sure."

I'm taking my notes and get ready for the meeting. Suddenly I hear my phone ringing. It's Wanda.

~~~

Call:

Y/n: Hey Wands-

Wanda: I'm sorry Y/n we need to cancel our tomorrow's way out.

Y/n: Why? Wands are you okay?

Wanda: Yes, I'm fine Y/n. I'm sorry I just- I can't tomorrow, I'm sorry.

~~~

She hangs up. That was weird. I think I should check on her. I go through the hall and see her empty office. I go inside and sit at her desk. I look at the clock, it's one. I was waiting here already twenty minutes. Something's wrong. I should-

I see the door opens and Wanda goes inside.

Wanda: "Y/n? You shouldn't be here."

Y/n: "Hey, what is going on?" I get up, go to her and hug her.

Wanda: "Y/n, nothing is going on. Please leave I have client for ten minutes." She lets go of me.

Y/n: "Wands, I'm not gonna leave until you tell me what's wrong." I watch her goes to her desk.

Wanda: "I- I am sorry Y/n. I can't tell you. Just leave please." She looks out of the window.

Y/n: "Okay. But if you need to talk or anything you can call me or-"

Wanda: "I know. Thank you, Y/n.", She says quiet.

I just leave. Shit. Is that me? Did I do something wrong? Maybe that's because of Natasha. Maybe she told her something she shouldn't have. Yes definitely, she wouldn't be so happy otherwise. I don't know what happened but I know that Natasha likes to scare people.

Nat: "Finally Y/n. Come on we have to go." She wasn't smiling anymore but you could tell she is in a good mood.

Y/n: "Yeah, I'm coming." I grab my notes and follow her.

We stop before the door.

Nat: "Y/n. I want you to show me your best. Don't get distracted or don't do anything stupid." She looks me in the eyes.