Secrets ||Part 2:||

-Shakayla POV-
Tyrone: You're quiet!
Me: ....
Tyrone: You haven't spoke to me all morning. Even when I asked if you wanted to call your sister.
*I look at him in disgrace wondering if he even cared about what I want.*
Tyrone: What?
Me: Just stop talking, your voice is irritating me.
Tyrone: You don't who your talking to. Your attitude is getting out of hand.
Me: No it isn't.
Tyrone: Shakayla! I will be calling your grandma about this. It is getting out of hand.
Me: I'm getting out of hand.
Tyrone: What?
Me: You heard me!
Tyrone: What do you mean I'm getting out of hand?
Me: Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about.
Tyrone: You can't blame me for getting angry at you for picking up my phone. You have no right. You need to fix yourself, because you'll be tearing everyone apart. Don't forget I'm a part of your life now!
Me: Shut up! If anyone's going to tear everyone apart it's you. Don't act stupid. You know that I know there's something going on with that hoe of yours.
Tyrone: I don't know what your talking about.
*I face my body towards him. He looks at me then puts his eyes back onto the road.*
Me: Don't tell me none of this nonsense. Mya! I can even hear bells ringing in your head. Your girlfriend. So this whole trip was to see her. That's why I'm always with your cousins.
Tyrone: Shes just a friend.
Me: Really? Explain why she knows about Shataya and Shataya doesn't even know Mya exists. Also the fact that she thinks your on a business trip not a holiday.
Tyrone: Who told you that this isn't a business trip?
Me: Well the only two people I've met are your cousins. They might be girly and annoying but they sure do know how to gossip.
Tyrone: No you don't understand, I can explain....
Me: Don't worry you won't have too. I'll take all the stress off your shoulders. I'm planning to tell Taya later.
Tyrone: What? No, please don't Shakayla. In fact, you can't do that without a cell phone.
*My eyes sting every second I look at him as his face is causing an irritation to my senses. Why would he do this for? But Tyrone thinks I'm stupid. It's kind Taya's fault for being distant lately, but I'm certain that she'll find out by the end of the day, no matter how many miles away she is. We get to the doorstep of Ty's uncles house and before my hand connects with the door, it opens wide with Rebecca and Vanessa standing their with a makeup brush in their hand. The Chanel brand!*
Me: Hey!
Rebecca&Vanessa: Hii! Come in.
*I rolled my eyes as response to the way they spoke in unison and then look back at Ty sitting in the car, preparing himself to reverse. I grin and wave in his direction with a hint of sarcasm in it. Hopefully he gets ready for whatever is coming his way!*
-Shataya POV-
*I walk in corridor with Jamalès baby bag on my shoulder. I can feel my head getting moist as well as my palms.*
Me: Hey
*I look down at the desk lady sitting in front of me comfortably with a chewed up pen in her mouth, which has red marks just at the top from the bright, glossy, lipstick.*
Desk Lady: Hi, how can I help you?
*I take a little breather after noticing her strong Australian accent.*
Me: I'd like to visit my Grandmother. Err....Elizabeth Daines
Desk Lady: Ok. I'll just check for you....
*I stand there, painfully. In both ways, emotionally and physically. I start to tap my feet to the rhythm of my fast pulse, nervously asking myself whether she's even still alive considering I've completely forgotten about her for the past month and a half. The woman puts the pen back into her mouth and starts chewing on it again. She repeatedly types the same thing into the keyboard.*
Desk Woman: You said her name was Elizabeth Daines?
Me: Err, yeah!
*I start patting my head and try to look over the desk.*
Desk Woman: E-L-I-Z-A-B-E-T-H for Elizabeth?
Me: Yeah, E-L-I-Z-A-B-E-T-H
Desk Woman: And D-A-I-N-E-S for Daines
Me: Yep...
*I feel even more scared but I try to keep myself up and confident.*
Desk Woman: Do you mind taking a seat---
Me: Why? What happened? Is she ok?
Desk Woman: The data says she's fine but her name isn't appearing in our files. I'm not sure whether she is in this hospital anymore.
Me: What?
Desk Woman: It's ok! I'm going to check whether the manager knows what happened on the data. If not, I'm going to have to call someone who takes charge of the data and I'll tell you as soon as possible. Just make yourself comfortable and I'll try not to make you wait longer that 20minutes. There's some tea and coffee in the canteen along with some other snacks.
*I sit down...well, I try to and she walks off to the left in her fancy, black heels.*
Me: Thanks!
*I sit there waiting, shaking my knees. I watch people walk by. Most of them with bags of shopping in there hands and balloons and envelopes. They look at me sitting down and smile. Well I guess there smiling at me. It's hard to notice being one of another 3people sitting either beside me or behind me. I look through the baby bag trying to find where I threw my phone.*
Lady next to me: You ok dear?
Me: Yeahh...
Lady next to me: Really?
Me: No..
Lady next to me: You'll be fine! My husband had stroke. His recovering though. Why you here?
Me: My gran had a stroke.
Lady next to me: Awww! Bless your sweet soul. I'm sure she'll be fine. My grandchildren have only come once to visit the old man!
Me: Ohh...
*I finally find my phone and make way to the bottom of the rusty staircase.*
{Calling Dominquè....}
Dominiquè: Hello?
Me: Hi, I think we're gonna be here for quite a while. It's best you come inside. And don't forget Jamalè.
Dominiquè: Ok...See you in a minute then.
Me: Bye...
{Call ended}
*I walk back to the chair and carry on waiting. I hear a beep at the door and the woman comes back walking towards me.*
Desk Woman: I'm sorry about the wait! Good news or bad news?
Me: Err...
*I look around for a while trying to think what it could be that she needs to tell me*
Me: Bad news
Desk Woman: Ms Daines is no longer in this hospital and has been placed into a hospice.
Me: What? That's the bad thing?
Desk Woman: Yes and no. The good news is that the hospital has seen improvements in her health which Consultant Zacariah will be telling you in the next 5minutes, so do you mind if you sit for another 10minutes?
Me: Erm, it's fine! You don't mind if I ask you a quick question do you?
Desk Woman: I'm fine with that, by the way my name is Martha.
Me: Ok...Err, Martha, Do you know if they hold baby classes?
Martha: I could check for you but I don't get the full details. You would have to visit the maternal department.
Me: Thank you!
*I sit back down, feeling even more worse than before. I mean, they could of called about it. Actually it might be my fault considering I thought that every call I got was from Ty. Dominiquè walks in with Jamalè in pram and a bunch of flowers with an envelope *
Dominiquè: You don't look good.
Me: I'm not. I'm f*cking scared. I've done this to myself.
Dominiquè: What do you mean?
*Dominiquè locks the pushchair into place and rests the flowers above it, on the hood. He sits down next to me and lays his hand upon my knee. I put my hand on top of his.*
Me: I haven't even visited grandma since my last scan. That's almost 3months ago. What type of idiotic family am I? I completely forgot that she was even here. I mean, what if she's dead? What if she doesn't want anything to do with me? I haven't even told her I'm pregnant yet. What the f*ck is wrong with me?
Dominiquè: Calm down Shataya!
Me: Ok
Dominiquè: When they last called, what did they call on?
Me: Ty's phone.
Dominiquè: Ohh...
Me: That prick.
Dominiquè: See how you stress yourself. Don't let it get to you. Talk to him in your own time. I know it's hard for me to see you sort things out, but we don't want him to start making accusations. You need to get back together. And that baby inside of you needs you both. So look ahead of you. I'm sure Ms Daines is fine. And I think she'd say the same for you.
*The Consultant comes walking towards us.*
Me: Hi. How is my gran?
Consultant Zacariah: She's doing fine. As Martha was advised to tell you, she is no longer here and has been placed in a hospice. This is because the hospital can no longer do anything for her. She has been put on some medication to ease some pain and to make her focus a bit more because she gets distracted very easily. We're not sure whether she'll be any better in the next few weeks, but we will be sure to tell you about the improvements whenever that is.
Me: So what hospice is she at?
Consultant Zacariah: Ms Daines is peacefully resting at our joint hospice. Before you leave, visit the desk and Martha will hand you the directions. Any questions before you leave?
Me: Errmm---
Dominiquè: Will we need to pick anything up for her, Clothes or something?
Consultant Zacariah: That is completely up to you. Just don't try to shock her as her pulse will increase quite drastically and the hospices main focus right now is to keep her pain on a low.
*I look at Dominquè and he winks at me to show that I will be fine.*
Me: Thank you!
Consultant Zacariah: That's all fine. We apologize for not getting to you any sooner. Martha has all the details on why that is if you'd like to know.
Me: Definitely!
Consultant Zacariah: Thats sorted and she'll also have the details on Ms Elizabeth Daines, which is printed into a personal health diary that the hospice now has a copy of. It will be updated every week, and hopefully you will be phoned about that, so don't be missing any calls.
Me: Ok, thank you very much!
Consultant Zacariah: No problem! Have a lovely evening erm---
Me: Shataya
*He reaches out his hand to shake mine and and then Dominiquè*
Consultant Zacariah: Shataya and---
Dominqiuè: Dominiquè.
Consultant Zacariah: Good evening Dominiquè
Me: Bye
*We walk to the desk and Martha copies down the last piece of information from the computer into the diary.*
Martha: Sorry if you don't mind me asking, can I have your first name and surname please?
Me: Shataya Daines.
Martha: Miss Shataya Daines...
Me: Yeah!
*She leans in close.*
Martha: I know about your assault. One of my friends are working on the case.
Me: Well let your friend know, that a private investigation is meant to be f*cking private.
*She gives me the directions to the hospice and the diary and I walk off feeling both embarrassed and annoyed.*
Dominiquè: What was that about?
Me: Leave it!
Dominiquè: Ok!
Me: ....I just don't understand why some people like to run there mouth. They need to learn how to keep the fat noses out!
Dominqiuè: Mmm...
*We drive to the hospice and Dominqiuè slows down as we reach the car park, just when my nerves start to kick in. He parks the car and Jamalè starts to cry.*
Me: I'll feed him!
Dominqiuè: Are you sure? His not easy!
Me: I need some practice.
Dominqiuè: No it's fine, I'll do it. Why don't you spend the first 10minutes alone with Ms Daines.
Me: You can call her grandma you know.
Dominqiuè: Go and see grandma. I'll come later.
Me: Wish me luck..
*I kiss him and get out the car. I look the hospice. It looks...quite grand! Very posh. I don't even know who's paying the funds for her to stay here. I walk in and there are chandeliers hanging 4ft above my head, with stained glass windows around the whole room, complimented by the modern street lights outside, in the car park.*
****: Can I help you?
Me: Erm, yes please. I'm here to see my grandma.
*The woman looks me up and down, and then looks back up to my face. I don't who she thinks she is, but if she carries on like this, she won't like what's coming her way!*
****: Do you have your appointment slip?
Me: No!
****: Then you're going to have to come another time.
Me: I need an appointment to see my family?!
****: Yes! So if you don't mind can you leave. I'm busy!
Me: Can you just tell what room my grandma is in?
****: Just in case you forgot, I can't read your mind. It's harder when there isn't one there!
Me: Look, I've got more of a brain than your dumb, white self will ever have. So if you don't mind, what-room-is-Elizabeth---
****: ----I'm not deaf. Go to room 3
Me: Thank you! And I think it's be better for all the eyes in this room if you dressed a bit less of a skank. Don't think you're the bomb with your ashy knees. Just a piece of advice before you knocked out by someone who cannot tolerate your raggedy ass pancake you call and ass.
*I go back to my 'normal' posture and then walk away with my hand in the air, waving the b*tch goodbye. We all know that I didn't use all five of my fingers to gesture goodbye. I smiled at every one around me and then reached outside room 3. I went back to myself, and walked in after knocking.*
Me: Hi nana!!
Nana: Ohhh lorrd!
Me: You sound happy.
*I sat next to her and she looked in a good place. Happy but irrated do to see me.*
Nana: Well I sure am.
Me: I missed you nana!
Nana: I missed you too!
*I lean forward and kiss her rosy cheeks, as she strokes the back of my head.*
Me: You look so much better you know.
Nana: Thank you Shataya! Where is Tyrone and your sister?
Me: On a little trip in Norway. Shakayla misses you loads!
Nana: Send her my love and make sure she's here straight after her plane lands.
Me: No problem
{Laughs}
Me: I have something to tell you!
Nana: You do? Is it to do with what you were going to tell me the other time.
Me: Yeah!
*She has this oxygen mask next to her and she inhales some before she grabs my hands and rubs for comfort. Just like she always does in situations like this.*
Nana: What is it dear?
Me: Nana, please don't be upset with me.
Nana: I'm sure it isn't as bad as you think.
Me: I'm pregnant!
*She grabs back onto the oxygen mask and her pulse machine thing starts beeping beside her. I cover my ears and the b*tch runs in...*
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! Thanks for reading. You lots have been really supportive. As you've noticed I have started doing parts 1,2,3.... This is because I don't really want to make a long chapter, so I'm trying my best to make it as dramatic and exciting as possible. Sorry if its irritating! Please carry on reading and share this with your friends, family etc. Trying to get more reads. Love you all!😘