Imperfections

-Shataya POV-
*It hurts so much. The pain wouldn't stop. All those days I thought we had something. Almost a connection, but I couldn't call it that. It just didn't add up. I thought he meant everything to me.....and so I was wrong. I wasn't the one. Aaliyah was... The one who has perfect hair in the morning, who eats salads instead of Big Macs. The one who wears 50 pounds of make but makes it so hard to realize, who wears skinny jeans on a day in, instead of sweats. The one who gets all the guys and is all popular, sticks to Gucci instead of Nike, the one who gets a new set of acrylics every week and always gets her way. The one who's had every guy tell her she's beautiful. The man-stealing, dusty...{sighs}How do you fall in love with a perfect girl? Perfect to all the guys. Personally I find her ugly but who cares about my opinion....*
{phone rings}
||TY❤️||
Me: The f*ck does he want?
{Answers}
Tyrone: Hello
*His deep voice makes my tummy flip but I try hard to contain my feelings. I've got to learn to stop my feelings getting the best of me.*
Shakayla: Who's that?
Me: Go away
*I love my sister to bits but at this moment, she's pissing me off.*
Shakayla: Nana is calling you!
Me: I'll come eat later.
Shakayla: She needs her injection and I can't reach on top of the drawer.
Me: Wait...
Tyrone: Hello
Me: Are you deaf...you can clearly here I'm talking to my sister.
Tyrone: I'll call later, you ok?
Me: Don't bother, and I'm fine.
{Hangs up}
*Nana has asthma and diabetes. Just the three of us is a struggle. I'm stressing myself over a kid although he already knows that my gran is slowly dying but to be honest, he probably couldn't care less. I go downstairs to help Shakayla with Nana. I see she still hasn't got used to the pain of the prick. It hurts so much watching her suffer for the past two years. But it has to be done.
Nana: You've got to take your sister to school tomorrow, Amber is ill so her mum won't be able to drop Shakayla.
Me: Ok
Nana: Look at me, Sweetheart...
*I step forward. Nanas soft, tender palm grips my hand.*
Nana: Honey, I haven't seen your eyes so dull....ever
* I let go trying to stop myself from breaking out. Nana doesn't no much about school and if I told her I wouldn't stop although she is kind of the only person I have left.*
Nana: Let it out.
Me: Its nothing, just tired from homework.
Nana: I can't be fooled.
*I laughed to show there's no emotion.*
Me: Honestly Nana, I'm fine, it's that time of the month....
Nana: If you say so....the water bottle is under your bed. And that dinner is getting cold....
Me: No appetite.
*I throw away the food and assist Nana up the stairs.*
Nana: Sugar, If anything happens tell me. Promise....
*Promise is a strong word. And Nana is a weak woman. I put my hand behind my back...*
Me: Promise
*It's 1:15 and I'm checking posts on Instagram.*
{Phone vibrates}
* WTF does this child want doesn't he sleep. Well I can't say much.*
-Tyrone POV-
Me: Hey xx
{Message Read 1:17}
*Is she actually hurt. I thought she was just playin'. I don't even know what I did. I leave football practice to come pick up Aaliyah like she asked me to. Then I get all the m hate on the world. I know she's awake 'coz she normally up this time and she finished putting her granny to bed.*
Me: What did I do??? x
Shataya: You know
Me: Seriously
Shataya: I love you x, I know it's different, like our relationship...but you hurt me. 😪
*I can't believe her. I asked her four months ago and she said no. I knew it. What do I say though? Every girl that tells me this, then moves away to another school or something like that. I've never felt this way when someone's told me this. Never felt this for a girl. Do I love her??*
Me: Ok
Shataya: Is that it...Why the f*ck you bothering me then?
Me: I wanted to know what happened with Aaliyah...
Shataya: Really? You had her in the car. Why didn't you ask her? It's upsetting that's what you wanted me for. Just leave me alone.
Tyrone: I'm sorry. I wanted to say that I----
{Shataya left the chat}
*Honestly I have no clue what to say. I think I love her. I've never felt emotion for a girl in my life. Every girl chases me and then tells me they have feelings when they're leaving. But it's not that. I feel what she's saying, but I don't know what to say. What do I do?*