sundrop x male reader 18+

it's almost closing time, which means your night shift will start soon. you're not sure why they have only one singular technician, but because of that you're put on night shift duty along with day shift, "to ensure animatronics are in working order".

you aren't complaining much though, most of your shifts are spent doing whatever in your office since the animatronics don't often need maintenance. you don't think you'll end up doing much tonight.

you glance up at the intercom placed in one of the upper corners of your office when the closing time announcement plays, warning families about the automatic locking system when it hits 12 am. you yawn, pulling your phone out of one of the many pockets in your brown overalls.

you frown at the small smidges of oil around the casing and screen, but ignore it as you numbly surf the web, pausing once you hear footsteps approaching your door. lowering your phone, you see vanessa open your door with an exasperated expression.

you quirk an eyebrow. "vanessa? what d'ya need?" she sighs.

"the sun animatronic is in need of assistance, it ended up twisting itself too much and tangled its wires up." she explains, looking out into the hall.

"why do you need me for somethin' like that? 's just tangled wires, no need for a technician." you tilt your head to the side. no but seriously, literally anyone can untangle wires.

she stares blankly at you, before pinching the bridge of her nose in annoyance. "ceo's too much of a coward to want anyone else handle it, says that anyone of less experience than the technician might snap the wires."

you breathe out of your nose in amusement. "yeah, that seems about right." you stand up with a groan, cracking your back. you really need to fix your posture, stools being the only type of chair in your office doesn't really help.

vanessa gives a mild glance at you, before taking her leave. you sigh in response. you grab your toolbox and head out.

'i don't think i need anything other than a screwdriver...but just in case.' you think, before making your way out of your office and up to the daycare.

upon arriving at the daycare, you're met with the choice of stairs, or a slide.

you're obviously expected to take the stairs like any normal adult in this building.

unfortunately, you're not a normal adult and instead dive into the slide with great enthusiasm. you land into the ballpit, and you almost sink to the bottom but it stops directly under your chin. you wonder why the fuck they made the ballpit so fucking deep, kids might as well suffocate in it.

you huff, before calling out to the attendant. "sundrop? where are you buddy?"

no response. you gnaw on your lip, before trying again. "sundrop?? i-"

you don't get another word in before arms clamp around your torso, and you're lifted into the air.

"Y-Y/N-!!! YOU'RE HHERE!!! YOU'RE SURE UP LA-LATE!" sundrop giggled, and you smile despite yourself.

"hi, sunny." you greet back weakly, and sundrop's fans whirr at the nickname.

"WHAT-WHAT ARE YOU H-HERE FOR??" sundrop continues to carry you, placing you down once he reaches the middle of the room. you dust yourself off, before replying. Or try to, because he immediately cuts you off. "CAN W-WE PLAY!?! I HAVE CRAYONS AND MARK-MARKERS!! OOH, MAYBE A-A GAME!!"

you let out a breath of amusement. "no, no games." he visibly saddens, but perks up when you hold up your toolbox slightly.

"vanessa came into my office, told me you got a wire problem goin' on?" you tilt you head, and sundrop looks away sheepishly.