Third wheel

'Just keep a close eye on your boy-toy from now on.'

That's what he said last night. And here he is, calmly eating breakfast as if nothing happened between us yesterday.

Mom has made special weekend breakfast today, to celebrate Namjoon being the captain of soccer team. She wasn't that happy when my team won the match last summer.

I keep glancing at Namjoon to give him a death glare, to make sure he knows that I haven't forgotten what he said last night. But he never even look at me.

I hate him.

After breakfast, he just walks into his room, completely ignoring my existence. I sigh.

"Is everything alright between you two?" Mom asks me after he has left.

"Yeah... Better than they could've ever been." I reply.

"Oh, okay. I'm glad." She doesn't catch my sarcasm.

That afternoon, I was scrolling through my feed when I receive a text from Jimin.

Jimin- Can I see you?

The text seems to be enough to explode my heart. Thank god! I wanted to talk to him too. And I'm glad he's the one to approach me first after the misunderstanding Namjoon caused at lunch yesterday.

Me- Definitely. Coming to pick you up in 20.

Jimin- Cool. I'll send the address.

I quickly take a shower, get dressed and put on my best perfume. Then I take my car keys and go to the garage but find out that my tyre is punctured.

Fuck!

Then I notice Namjoon's car parked next to mine. So, I take his keys and drive off. He owes me this much after raping me last night.

I put on the address on the gps and pull over at Jimin's.

After a couple horns, he runs out of the house with a smile on his face, and I feel relieved for some reason.

"Nice car." He says.

"Yeah..." I shrug.

"So, where are we going?"

"To a nice and quiet place to have lunch together. I figured you wanted to talk..."

He nods. "Yeah. Sounds perfect." With that, we leave.

I take him to one of the most expensive restaurant in town and luckily get a table without prior reservation due to my dad's name. A lady escorts us to our designated table at the far end of the hall and near the huge glass windows. She serves us wine while we wait for our order and walks off.

I notice that Jimin look uncomfortable. "Are you alright?" I ask.

"Y-yeah... But... This... It looks pretty pricey... I don't know if I fit in here..." He replies. Maybe this is his first time in an expensive restaurant. Maybe I overdid it...

"Well, now that we're here, let's just enjoy our time, okay?"

He nods. "Okay."

Waiter serves our food and we enjoy it with wine. I notice that Jimin's mood has lighten up now, he's eating calmly.

"You like it?"

He smiles. "It's delicious. Really."

"I'm glad you like it."

"Thanks for bringing me."

I wink. "So... You wanted to talk?" I ask.

"Yeah... About the other day... That Namjoon guy... Are you two something?"