Chapter Seven

Amelia's P.O.V. (still)

We met Ms. Eldridge and set off towards the trophy room. I almost had to run in order to keep up with Benji who had his arm around my waist. As we stopped outside of the room, Ms. Eldridge turned to us and said, "I will have you know that the school permits relationships and public display of affection until it turns to sexual acts or touching each other inappropriately. I thought you would like to know that, since you look so close to each other." She grinned and twisted the key in the lock.

She then gave one trophy to me and one trophy to Benji. She took some cleaner and a cloth off of the shelf and distributed them to both of us. Before she left I said, "Thanks for noticing that he's a flirt, but I don't think that I like him exactly like that."

Benji looked kind of hurt, but turned his attention to wiping a rust stain off of the trophy. I scooted closer to him and began to wipe off the rust. My trophy looked spotless already though. "Don't look so glum Benji. I just don't know whether or not I like you yet. We have only known each other for one day. Give it a week or two and I will let you know," I said, trying to lighten up the mood.

"This trophy looks fine right?" he asked, seemingly avoiding a response.

"It looks fine. Mine is done as well. Let's just talk for another 28 minutes."

"Alright. Did I tell you that you look adorable when you smile?"

"I'm never smiling again then," I said defiantly, crossing my arms.

"Oh yes you are."

"Is that so? You are going to have to make me."

"Fine," he said and he tackled me to the ground and began to tickle me.

Unfortunately I was ticklish so I began to laugh and smile uncontrollably. He smiled and said,"See? I win."

"Please stop," I mannaged to say between laughing.

"Fine," he replied, sitting on the ground next to me.

I sat up and he placed his arm around my shoulder. I laid my head on his shoulder and hugged him around the waist. I suddenly began to feel drowsy. I noticed my eyes slowly close and before I knew it, I was being waken up by Benji who said, "It's time to leave detention and go to the party. Let's go."

He stood up and held out his hand to help me up. I took it and stood up with his assistance. He didn't let go of my hand though and we ran through the halls together until we reached a room. It was in the basement of the school and it happened to be soundproof. There was only one room in the basement which was conveniently only used during the school day on Mondays.

There was a strobe light and full DJ system set up. There were many male vampires there, quite a few male demons, a few wizards, and Ethan. It looked as if I was the only female there. "I'm going to be the disk jockey so after I set up a playlist I will come to dance with you. I have to manage requests though so I might not be able to dance a lot. Maybe one slow song," Benji said before he left me.

"Could I get you a drink?" a tall and skinny demon asked. He was noticably sweating but it couldn't have been from dancing.

"Please. I'm thirsty. What's your name?" I asked.

"Damon. I'm sure your room mate has a lot to say about me," he responded, smirking while walking away to get me a drink.

I was left in confusion. What was he doing with Jessica? He came back quickly and handed me some water. It tasted kind of funny. The music kind of blurred into the background as I danced away. Someone talked me into twerking and I danced my heart out. The rest of the night just kind of went black.

Pic this time is of Benji c: