iii. Privacy

She felt like a lamb in a lion's den_

_

Patience was a virtue that Tom had lacked greatly. It had barely been ten minutes of waiting for Taylor to leave her shelter of the tree, when he decided to take different measures. He looked down at the cat in his arms and decided to throw it towards her. If he was correct it would be fine, if not then that would be tragic.

As the printed feline was flung in the air it's almost as if time froze. Taylor bad raised her wand and out a flash of silver magic burst from her wand. It swirled around the cat and guided it safely to the ground away from the tree. Her eyes scanned accusingly over the area before they landed on Tom.

He almost stumbled backwards at the crimson color that shined down onto him. The firey red now taken over her eyes replacing their normal pale grey. He hadn't expected this outcome. It seemed that Taylor Anderson was just full of secrets that he wanted to learn.

The witch left her post underneath the whomping willow, gently picked up her cat and approached him. Tom noticed how her eyes had yet to change back. Once she reached him she opened her eyes to say something, but Tom had stopped her.

" I can't tell if I like the red or the grey more. " His smirk evident on his face.

Her face morphed from one of anger to one of complete horror. As soon as it was mentioned her eyes returned to their typical slate color. Tom scanned her face before speaking again.

" Definitely the grey. "

Her cheeks tinged pink and her arms visibly tightened around her pet. Taylor looked like the typical school girl in that moment with the pleated skirt, knee high socks maryjanes. Tom normally ignored girls who carried themselves like this. Girls that radiated innocence and average look. He found it mediocre, but as he kept discovering Taylor wasn't mediocre.

" What do you want from me? I apologized about the library incident. Are you that desperate to earn housepoints? " She spat in a tone he didn't picture her capable of.

" More curious now, " He admitted to her " I am however required to do so as a perfect. I could get in a quite the predicament if I defied a teachers orders. The librarian seemed dead set to have you sent to Dumbledore. "

Of Tom had stretched the truth. He could easily get away with letting her go and the librarian calmed down after the mess was cleaned up. At first finding Taylor was a matter of greed and pride, but now it to settle his own curiously.

She glanced down at her cat nervously before asking. " Could you just take away my house points? "

Tom had already thought of that, but instead now he wanted something different. He wanted to calm his own curiosity. He just needed a way to do so without him coming off a nosy.