xxii. Yule Ball

She outshined everyone else in the room_

_

Tonight was the night of the Yule Ball. Curfew had been extended due to the lateness of the dance. The Professors all would be patrolling however, to make sure students stayed on their best behavior. Apparently, the last Yule Ball had multiple seventh years sneaking out and causing a ruckus. Some where pulling pranks while others did some unseenly acts. It caused embarrassing letters to be sent home from both the students and the teachers.

Most boys had already arrived to the ball and where waiting patiently for their dates. Or in Tom's cases impatiently. He was the type to be early, which he was, and the other to do that as well. He should of known Taylor to be the type to be late. She even showed up to the Slytherin party late.

The wizard was currently leaning against the wall facing the staircase as he waited for her to show. As dozens of girls walked in he searched for her strawberry blonde hair, but saw nothing. He let out a huff of annoyance. Tom did not like how alone he looked right now. He didn't want his fellow classmates to think he didn't have a date or couldn't get one.

In the corner of Tom's eye he saw a splash of red among the sea of green. Druelle walked with Orion Black's arm tied with hers. He assumed it was Walburga that set the two up. This was most likely her way to keep the two close to her side, while keeping an eye on them.

Once Druelle noticed him she approached with Orion practically being dragged with her. She, like many others, wore a deep, green made of velvet. It had a lace high neckline with lace under the cuffs of the sleeves and emeralds were placed among her collar bones. Her short hair had a simple braid pinned to the side of her head with an emerald. She looked as elegant as ever.

" Hello Tom, I see Taylor isn't here yet. " Druelle looked around herself for the witch.

Tom shook his head and glanced towards the staircase again. No one particularly stood out to him. Agitation grew more visible on his handsome features. Even his jaw was clenching.

" No she's late. "

Druelle tried her best to ease the tension. " I think she might be stressed. I did promise to help her with her hair and makeup, but I couldn't make it. It's my fault really. "

Tom's shoulders seemed to relax a bit. That might be the reason. A girl just struggling to get ready by himself and not her ditching him. Just as he seemed to of calmed down a bit another couple approached. Walburga and Abraxas were linked just like Druelle and Orion had been. The two practically radiated negativity.

" Good evening, " Abraxas greeted as he observed them. " Where is Rabastan? "

The group all looked around curious as to where their flirtatious friend was. He was usually the loudest in the room and a party animal.