xxvi. Winnie the Pooh

This wasn't goodbye_

This wasn't goodbye
_

Hogwarts Express was filled with chatter and, for the most part, excitement. Today everyone was going home for the holidays. One strawberry blonde in particular was wiggling with excitement. Being a muggleborn had it's struggles and parents barely being able to communicate with their magical child. Her parents did write letters every once and a while, but the owl deliveries took days.

Howlers and other magical methods weren't used in form of communication. Her parents didn't know they existed nor how to work them. They had both tried their best to understand their daughters new world, her new life. It was something not everyone got lucky with.

" Taylor you seemed thrilled. Happy to see mum and dad? "

Taylor nodded frantically. " Of course! Plus Christmas is in five days meaning I'll get to make cookies, to eat them and to see my parents. "

" Ahh yes, " Rabastan grinned. " The Andersons. What are they like? "

She thought for a second about them. Her mother, Brenda Anderson, had to be one of the most helpful people on this planet. She had a heart of gold and her empathy towards people was inspiring. Taylor always admired her mother.

" My mum's a nurse, because of that she's super overprotective. A total mama bear if you will. Not in a overwhelming way though. She's super sweet. "

Rabastan grinned and leaned forward. " And your father? "

Michael Anderson was a similar case. Her mother fell for his ability to be sensative which he showed often. Often times he would show his high intelligence level as well. He knew muggle history like the back of his hand. He was also quite witty.

" He's a teacher, my mom says I have his mind. Honestly, he's a softy. What are your guy's parents like? "

Rabastan and Tom stayed silent. Neither had bragging rights over their childhood. No one knew of Tom's. His past was a complete mystery. Rabastan also kept quiet about his home life.

Instead of pressing Taylor decided to take the hint. She cleared her throat and looked out the window. It wasn't her intention to make things awkward.

" I um used to want a sibling. Still do if I'm being honest. One with magic that could understand me a bit more. My parents refused to have another child though. As a result they got me Tigger. "

Tom raised an eyebrow. " Winnie the Pooh? I assume that's the muggle cartoon you watch all day. "

" It's my favorite. " She cooed as the stroked the bengal colored cat.

Rabastan didn't make a comment about Tom knowing about that show.

" My mum used to read the books to me when I was younger. Nostalgia and all. "

" I've been told a few. Grew out of them quickly. Far too...moderate for me. "

Taylor resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Of course he didn't like child books. Tom saw them as well childish. Entertainment to him was a waste of time. Nothing more than a distraction. A way to stop him from getting to the top.

Rabastan curiously asked. " What's Winnie the Pooh about? "

" Mostly friendship. There's a bunch of talking animals in it one of them is a tiger named Tigger. He was my favorite character so therefore... " She held up her pet instead of continuing the sentence.

" A scam really. " Tom scoffed.

This time Taylor actually did roll her eyes. The rest of the train ride was filled with normal chatter. Nothing too personal of course. Just small talk really, mostly from Taylor who couldn't stand the awkward silence.

Whenever the trio exited the train the mood seemed to shift. As if it dawned upon them that this would be the next time they would see eachother for over two weeks. They would be coming back to school on January fifth. Exactly sixteen days from now.

" I'll really miss you guys! " Rabastan fake sniffed.

Tom's face remained hard. " I'll see you two soon. "

Taylor grinned. " We'll miss you too, Rabastan. I hope you both have a good break! "

The trio seperated each with different feelings: frustrated, annoyed and cheerful. Taylor being the later. She was ecstatic to see her family again. She would miss her friends, but this wasn't goodbye.

_

A/n: I'll be writing some chapters about their breaks. Another filler lol. After chapter 30 stuff starts to pick up. I promise.

I hope you liked it and voted!