01

-

I slowly opened my eyes and was greeted by the sight of the Emerald palace. I widened my eyes because of the sight before raising my hand. I touched and caressed my neck and felt that it was still attached.

Did I successfully went back to the past? Am I immortal now, like what the world tree proclaimed? My vision started to get blurry with the tears around my eyes. A wave of relief washed over me.

The sight of Athanasia being hanged came across my mind. I widened my eyes and quickly snapped my fingers. I teleported somewhere 10 meters near my sister and widened my eyes when I appeared outside the Emperor's palace.

I frowned while my eyebrows met before hastily looking around. I glanced around until my gaze landed on the window where I see the person I'm looking for, is kneeling. I widened my eyes at the sight.

"Athanasia." That voice... I fumed with anger because of how familiar that voice is. I glanced at who she's staring at.

"With the generosity of unbecoming me, I have let you, the wench who dared to ridicule me, live."

Everyone has their eyes opened, including Athanasia's. I gritted my teeth as I gripped on my dress. I raised an eyebrow when I realized that this scene is quite unfamiliar to me.

This didn't happen before.. Did the past change because I travelled through time?

"But even days like this, you disturb my piece of mind. Now, what should I do with you?"

I felt like my whole world stop when I heard those words from him. Was I too late? Is history going to repeat, again? Is he going to kill Athanasia, again? Rage consumed me. I need to do something before he can even continue what he's planning.

"Your majesty! Your majesty, please keep calm..!"

My rage lessened when Felix's voice reached my ears. He was one of the people who tried to save my sister, at least that's what I heard. But I know he's someone who would do that because of how kind he was to me and my sister.

"Felix Robane. Do you wish to be executed for treason?"

My mouth parted in shock at his words. Even... Even Felix..! He's being such a bastard to Felix, the one who's been by his side since he was a kid! I snapped my fingers and appeared among the crowd from inside.

"Is her impudence not due to those who have coddled her as a princess, until now?"

I was finally able to see the sight of Father sitting on his throne with Felix behind him and Athanasia kneeling in front of him.

"Padma Baek."

"Yes, your majesty?"

"What do you think of the wench, kneeling before me?"

"Is she not princess, Athanasia De Alger Obelia, your majesty?"

"Wrong. That wench is neither my daughter nor the princess. The one kneeling before me is a sinner."

The memory of Athanasia's lifeless body with a rope around her neck appeared inside my mind. The nobles murmured towards each other while the others gasped.

Like...

A sculpture of ice, without a single drop from his veins.

Someone who has never called his daughter's name with warmth.

The heartless emperor, Claude De Alger Obelia, from the Obelian empire.

"Take that wench out of my sight."