05

-

Athanasia is currently sleeping on the sofa with her head on my lap. I put her into sleep earlier so she can rest for a bit before the real battle begins. I smiled at her peaceful figure as I ran my fingers through her hair.

"Now, care to tell me who you are and what your intention is?"

And of course, Lu is here with us because he doesn't trust me at all. I understand his suspicions since I suddenly appeared out of nowhere and stayed by Athanasia's side from afar. I looked up and met his blank expression.

"Surely, you're not like her who manipulated time and space, right?" I pressed my lips into a thin line.

"Would you believe me if I said I'm actually Athanasia's sister and is actually from the future and went back to the past or what the world tree said, another dimension?" He stared at me which made me sigh.

"And the world tree has something to do with the fact that I can't check your background?" I nodded as I looked down to Athanasia.

"Yes, you won't be able to know everything until I achieve what I needed to do. Any more questions? I have all the time in the world for you.." I slightly whispered the end of my sentence.

"Why do you have silver jeweled eyes instead of blue ones?"

"It's because it's the only thing I can pay the world tree with. I broke a universal rule when the emperor killed Athanasia. I destroyed planets and took many lives because I wasn't able to control my emotions. I only stopped when Lu managed to find a way for me to bring justice for my sister."

"And who's this Lu?"

I stopped and looked up to him. He was still staring blankly at me. My breath hitched and I tried to calm myself down by playing with my sister's hair.

"Would you believe me if I said that it's you?" My heart raced as I nervously stared at him.

"Yes, because I'm the only one who would be able to stop your rampage." I sighed in relief when he understood it that way.

"Thank you for protecting my sister and for staying by her side. She had gone through so much..she deserves the world because of how much she suffered." I looked down to Athanasia as I blurted out those words.

Before I knew it, a hand grabbed my face and turned it a little. I widened my eyes when Lu's face greeted me. Our faces were so close that it made my breath hitch. I felt my cheeks burning because of how close we are.

And of course, I fainted when our lips met.

-

I pressed my lips on hers which made her faint. I stared down at her unconscious figure while memories flooded through my mind.

"Lu!"

"Lu, I love you.."

"Lu, did I do great?"

"Lu, thank you for being there for me."

"Lu, what should I do?? Jennette was poisoned and everyone started framing Athanasia!"

"Lu, father killed my sister..."

"Lu, it hurts so much!"

"Lu, is craving for a father's love a sin?"

"Lu, I-I...love you.."