14

-

They all teleported in Lucas's tower and was greeted by the sight of the black haired male sleeping on a bed. The sight made Alicia emotional and quickly went to him.

"Lu.."

She called out to him as she kneeled beside his bed and grabbed his hand while tears started flowing down her cheeks. The twins approached their weeping mother.

Alex hugged her mother while Xander stood beside them with a sad expression across his face. Claude, Athanasia and Felix were at the back, watching the scene before them.

Athanasia was silently crying with her hand on her mouth while asking what Alicia did for her to experience such hardships that her herself knows she wouldn't be able to handle.

Claude was just watching with a slight frown on his face because he saw himself in his daughter's situation when he was grieving about Diana's death.

Felix had a sad expression on his face as he stared at the situation the princess was in. He gave a handkerchief to Athanasia who thanked him before wiping her tears.

"Lu, come back to me, please.. I'm here now, I'm not going anywhere.. Me and our children are here now, we're waiting for you."

Alicia whispered as she raised her hand to caress his cheek with a sad smile on her face. What will she do if he loses him? She doesn't know, because she knew that he would always go back in her arms.

Everything around them is still gloomy. The clouds are crying with them.

That was until they heard a groan leaving the male's lips.

"Ughh...that was quite an impact."

Lucas groaned as he tried to sit up, but fell back down on the bed with a thud when Alicia jumped on him and wrapped her arms around his waist with a relieved smile plastered on her face.

"Lu! You're back!"

She cried which made the male blink and tried to catch up with the situation while he snaked his arms around her waist, seazing the moment. He looked around and widened his eyes when his gaze fell on his twins.

"Welcome back, dad."

Alex said as she restrained herself from also jumping on him, since her mother is the one he needs the most right now after everything that has happened to them. He smiled at his daughter and reached out his arm for her. Without being able to control herself, she quickly engulfed him with a hug and started to whine.

"Father, I did it." Xander stated which caught Lucas's attention and looked at him proudly.

The others were confused at what Xander said except for his sister. Alicia looked at Lucas and her expression told him to give her an explanation which made the male smirk.

The truth was, before Lucas went back to the past, he left a letter for his children about the situation. He ordered for them to go back to the past with all their might since they inherited both his and Alicia's powers so it's gonna be easy for them to do his wishes.

And so, he sent the twins in another dimension where Athanasia was in and left them in the care of the magician he sent there for fun.

Of course the man quickly obeyed since he saw Lucas's prank as a blessing.

"I think I'm going to ban you from using your mana for awhile." Lucas sweat dropped at his wife's words and just shrugged.

"Now that everything has been handled, care to explain when you two got married and had kids?" Claude suddenly spoke which made the girl blush bright red.

"Ahh, we got married when she turned eighteen. We had a honeymoon and she got pregnant, we were away for a year so I guess you wouldn't have known, your majesty. Then we found out when we came back, that you killed the second princess." Lucas said with a bright smile. He's so mad that he actually turned nice.

"I see, I apologize for those horrible things I did in the past." The emperor said after he looked at the twins.

"I will forgive you a little, I still can't forgive you fully because you took our mother away when we were just a baby." Alex replied which made the emperor nod.

"Alicia." The said girl flinched and turned around to the smiling Claude.

"We're going to have a talk later."

She wanted to escape but Lucas has his hands around her waist and she can't bring herself to ask him to let go of her. She just mentally cried.

"O-Okay, daddy."

-

"I feel so refreshed." I stretched my arms up on the air and released a sigh in relief.

"You've worked hard, Alicia." Daddy said and patted my head with his lips curved up in a smile.

"Yes..Yes, I've had." I smiled as I took a deep breath.

"Now, you should start going back to your duties as the crown princess." I paused and looked at him while my mouth parted in shock.

"I actually forgot about that, why did you had to remind me?" I whined which made him shook his head.

"Knowing that you actually got married without my consent, it would be difficult for me to deal with this. You're 19 mentally and physically, but you're 35 in age and you have twins with the royal magician. It's time for you to act and finally become the empress." I squirmed at what he said.

"Can't I just give the throne to Athanasia? She's capable of handling the throne and I already left my duty in the past." I smiled which made him look at me dumbfounded.

"That's quite irresponsible of you, Alicia." He said which made me smile nervously.

"A-Ahh, Ijekiel Alpheus is actually courting Athanasia. They're an amazing pair for the throne." I proclaimed.

"Alicia."

He said with his monotone voice. I decided to stare at his eyes and he stared back. A minute had passed and I'm on the verge of losing against this father of mine.

"What are you two doing?"

Athanasia suddenly popped up which made me flinch and blink. Daddy smirked at my defeat while I just dramatically cried. I shot a look at my sister who sweat dropped.

"Did I do something wrong?" She questioned while looking back at me and daddy with a troubled expression across her face.

"No, you didn't, Athanasia. Your sister here, doesn't want to take the throne and wanted to give it to you." He said which made me puff my cheeks while I crossed my arms underneath my chest.

"Oh, why don't you want take the throne and become the empress, Ali?" My sister questioned with an eyebrow raised at my direction.

"I abandoned that role, years ago. Facing the nosy nobles is too troublesome. Besides, you're capable of inheriting the throne, anyways. So, why not just give it to you?" I smiled sheepishly which made her look at me dumbfounded.

"I'll have to decline, Ali. Don't involve me in this stuffs, I just want to live in peace." She smiled with flowers appearing around her. I stared at her in shock.

"You don't love me anymore?" I questioned with tears building up on the corner of my eyes.

"It's not that! I just really want to live in peace." I scrunched my nose.

"So, you don't want me to live in peace, too?" I questioned which made her sweat drop.

"Someone has to sacrifice for the greater good. Besides, Lucas would probably be okay about the thought of becoming the emperor." She replied which made me sigh.

"I wouldn't be able to run away from you two, huh?" I questioned which made the both of them nod in sync.

I smiled bitterly.

-